Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions

Article about: Hi H.C, first i want also say welcome here in the forum and thank you for posting your Heer para badge.I am only a collector of the Luftwaffe para badges.The real Heer paras are to expensive

?

Default Re: Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions

There are repros of everything ranging from the very very good to the very very bad. Any serious faker will be able to obtain images of an original if they wanted to. I don't think posting yours here will make much difference in the grand scheme of things and it would be a treat to see them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions
    P
    Many

I see no real problem showing a silver grade badge here. There are many examples out there on the web for all to see. Here's one that Weitze had for sale back in 2009, the asking price then, a cool 25,000 Euro's.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions   Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you fellows for the confidence. BTW Big Ned; Nice photo of a 1st model silver para. I will dig out one of my private purchase pieces you fellows will enjoy. I have 4 that are attributed to the 500 and 600 SS Fallschirmjager Reg that are different, and will keep squirreled away.

I found a beauty for you fellas. This badge was a direct vet purchase. Its from L.W. Luftschirmschule 3 from Papa Hungary.
    This is the paratrooper school where the 500 SS paras trained! Himmler got his para regiment, and Goring had to train them! Haha!
    I guess loosing the air war and drug abuse can reduce ones status?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions   Heer Fallschirmjaeger Abzeichen for opinions  

As you can see a very difficult task to get the wreath inscription and the center to focus in harmony. the center is inscribed:

MEYER & SOHN
    PAPA 1943

.900 SILBER

Enjoy! Humble Collector

?

Does that say

MEYER&SOHN
    PARA1943

on the back?

?

There are significant differences between this one and the one Ned posted. How many differing types do you have?

I probably between 20-30 Army and LW para badges. Guestimation without looking at all of them about 8-9 different variations at least. You will notice on the .900 silver badges the feathers have a higher relief. This is due to the super soft nature of the silver, and the tendency when rubbed on hard surfaces will get worn. The feathers have deep recessed detail. The Germans were very crafty and understood the flaws of such soft metal.
    The pin has slight wear. .800 badges were a little more forgiving. Until now only 2 other collectors knew what I have. This is a super rare piece! The other badges are REALLY nice also.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    As you can see a very difficult task to get the wreath inscription and the center to focus in harmony. the center is inscribed:

MEYER & SOHN
    PAPA 1943

.900 SILBER

Enjoy! Humble Collector
    Hi HC,

Forgive my ignorance, but why has the badge been stamped Meyer & Sohn and has a silver content mark .900? I was lead to understand that these awards were only ever made by the Juncker Company and those were all .800 silver. This leaves me a bit confused. Is it by chance what was called a 'Jewellers Copy' as these were after all private purchase?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned, You hit the nail on the head! Private purchased jewelers copy. If you were Heer Para man, and were folded into the LW paratroops you still retained the right to wear the Army para badge. This fellow was a paratrooper from the infancy of the 3rd Reich 1935-36, and was around till 43. I suppose you could say he beat the odds? I have a badge from a LW para transfer to the 500 SS paras. After the Tito fiasco only 93 of them walked away. I suppose he may have regretted that career move! I thought about a book sometime in the future, but who knows?

Best H.C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast