Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Flak Bagde

Article about: this is the flak badge i go for AU40.00. rear pin has been replaced, and not marked....any thoughts

?

Default Heer Flak Bagde

this is the flak badge i go for AU40.00. rear pin has been replaced, and not marked....any thoughts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Flak Bagde   Heer Flak Bagde  

Heer Flak Bagde  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Flak Bagde
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Flak Bagde

Dont get a good feeling on this one pin hinge looks wrong to me and lack of detail.
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 12-26-2010 at 06:55 AM.

?

yeh, the pin has been replaced at some stage in its life, looking at it the deatails are very crisp, especialy around the eagles head, which doesnt show up well in the pics

?

the detail on the eagles head and wings is exquisite, very defined, i know my camera diesnt show it clearly. [I]f its a repro, 40 bucks is still ok....the mounting for the clasps looks like it has been re done at some stage though so if it was an original that was broken post war it seems to make sense

My concern is the catch, which I realise you said is replaced. However, is just the hook of the catch itself just replaced? Reason being, the base plate to the catch appears to be the post war Rudolf Souval design.

Cheers, Ade.

?

yeh i beleive from what i can see the catch has been replaced as well, but that is in my opinion, how does the badge itself appear?

?

Hello,

I thought you bought a luft. flak.
    The pictures are bad, straight photo from the observe, reverse would be good, but I am 100% sure that this is a poor made fake badge. Just look at that sloppy hinge, and the whole set up.

There is one original variant with this eagle head and without mm exists, the "wienna design". Here is a picture from it to compare:
    Heer Flak BagdeHeer Flak Bagde