Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5

Article about: Hello, I believe this is a grade 5 marksmanship lanyard. I have the option to pick this one up, but wanted to post it first. Everything looks okay to me, the green backing appears to be corr

Agree with Fred. Good deal. NH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Ratisbon's has a grade 5 (with cloth backing) up for auction if you want to compare something to. It has some wear to it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I have one direct from a Vets bring backs sans backing. I will post it at the weekend.

Yours is fine.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here you go, as promised.

Faint makers markings to the backing cloth. It shows light tunic wear to the reverse of the braiding.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5   Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5  

Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5   Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade! That's a really nice one.

The lanyard made it in today, but I think there are a few issues with it, and I think it's been put together or at least repaired. It's probably going back. I just took some quick photos here at my desk.

The top prong is going in over some of the green backing:

The side prongs are folded in and don't even go into the lanyard material:

Looks like the head of the lanyard has been detached from it at some point, and put back together with some gray thread:

Here's just a shot of the badge:

That is a shame and shows how in hand inspection is the only way to prove an item 100%. I would return it. They are not rare and you want one with no issues.

Cheers, Ade.

I agree with Ade. Looked ok in earlier photos. These are not rare and you should not settle for this example. If it was heavily discounted in the $60 range - maybe. Sorry this was not picked up earlier. NH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2