Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5

Article about: I received a tip on this lanyard coming up for sale by Ralph (many thanks for the kind heads up Ralph!) and picked it up. Unreal how fast it got here. As I understand it, there were two vari

Default Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5

I received a tip on this lanyard coming up for sale from Ralph (many thanks for the kind heads up Ralph!) and picked it up. Unreal how fast it got here.

As I understand it, there were two variants of design on the the swords/shields/leaves level versions of these lanyards (I believe grades 5 and up). I believe this is the second of the patterns, with the first having larger leaves, acorns, and wider swords.

Last edited by avenger; 03-01-2016 at 03:52 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5
    P
    Many

Congrats Scott!
    A nice clean worn example. Glad to have been able to help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,

Your schuetzenschnurr is for a grade 1 marksman. It is the second pattern shield for that award. It was used on grades 1-4 The initial shield was just an eagle on a shield shape. Grades 5-8 had a shield with a thicker wreath and larger and more robust swords. Grades 9-12 Used the same thicker wreath but in gold. Nice pick up. Good show Ralph!!

Fred

Fred, you're right. I knew it was a second pattern to something. Now that you mention it, I recall reading about the type one shield being changed to this variant. I guess the thread title needs changed.

?

Nice Heer Schützenschnur there I thought I understood the grading sequence, but after reading Fred's post I'm not sure. Here is my Artillery example I thought was a grade 8, but it is actually a grade 4? Would that be correct - thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5   Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5  

Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5   Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5  

For your convenience. Here the page with text from the 1940 well-known Hettler:

The one as shown by Weller = Stufe 8.

Here another survey with the text from the "Heeres-Verordnungsblatt" with the
    date of introduction and as published in the "Deutsche Militär-Musiker-Zeitung"
    from 1936:

?

Thank you for the information Mr. Saris. I only have two Schützenschnur, here is the other which I believe matches Stufe 4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Schützenschnur - Grade 5  

Yes, it does. Maybe the second survey is also of some help!

Here a photo with one of the grades as shown in one of my books:

that's a very nice one.

Hello,

I beg to differ with you! "The one as shown by Weller = Stufe 8" is incorrect. The plate on the schutzenschnurr is the 2nd version plate for the grades 1-4. The next plate used for the awards 5-8 is a more robust plate and in a silver color. The swords extend over the wreath The sword handles are lined and do not have the 2 rivits showing on them.

The first picture is of the 1st type of shield worn on grades 1-4. Weller, your Schuetzenschnurr has the 2nd type of shield for grades 1-4.

This is the Shield for grades 9-12. It is the same plate used on the grade 5-8 except that this is gold colored.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast