Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?

Article about: by youthcollector1 Adrian, I have my reasons. For not taking a photo of the hinge from another angle? I don't understand.........

Default Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?

Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?

Hey everyone. I am now the owner of this badge and the others I posted two weeks ago. While inspecting it, I saw it had engraving on the back. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. It's SS which scares me, but looks to have been there a while. It reads as follows, (something I cant see) Heinrich Mathias 3? SS flak?- Abt. Das Reich Fpi Nr. 39858

Anything would be amazing. Would love to find out who he was. Also, does anyone know what the Fpi. Nr. is for?
    Thanks in advance,
    C.S

- - Updated - -

Note: The nine is done like the period nine, meaning looking like a g. Thanks agian!
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 10-02-2013 at 10:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?
    P
    Many

Default Re: heers flak medal ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?

P.S I know das reich was created for native Austrians serving in the Germany army. Would that help any in my search?

In this condition with the recent fix to the wreath, i would like to see better close ups of these engravings. At the moment I am not like it.
    Morris

In person the fix doesn't look as "modern" than in these photos. I think it be easier to prove if the engraving is real or fake by seeing if this person was indeed in the Das Reich unit. I also think the key may be the Fpi Nr. and his name?

?

Not sure why a field post number would be scratched on the back unless he was in the habit of losing his badge?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Not sure why a field post number would be scratched on the back unless he was in the habit of losing his badge
    As Adrian has said above there is very little reason for there to be a unit engraving on a flak badge, for this reason i think that the engraving is post war added. Possible a person who believed adding unit marks to a badge would up the price a bit. And I believe if a soldier lost his bade or medal and still held the document or if the company/battalion held the document he was able to receive another for a cost.
    Morris

Can you please post a side-shot of the hinge plate on this badge?

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Can you please post a side-shot of the hinge plate on this badge?
    It's bent, not fake.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    It's bent, not fake.
    I would like to see how it is attached to the badge itself, can you show it please?

William Kramer

Hi, I must have missed this thread first time around.

A couple of points to add. "Das Reich" was not created for Austrians. I think you are thinking of Regt. "Der Fuhrer".

Here is the info on the Feldpost number:

(28.2.1941-29.7.1941) 3. Kompanie Fla-MG-Bataillon SS-Division Reich,

(1.3.1942-7.9.1942) 3. Kompanie Flak-Abteilung SS-Division Reich,

(8.9.1942-11.3.1943) 3. Batterie Flak-Abteilung SS-Division Reich,

dann 3. Batterie Flak-Abteilung SS-Panzergrenadier-Division Das Reich,

(12.3.1943-7.9.1943) 3. Batterie SS-Flak-Abteilung (Das Reich),

(8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 5.2.1944 3. Batterie Flak-Abteilung 2 (2. SS-Division),

(23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 24.6.1944 Flak-Batterie SS-Panzer-Kampfgruppe Das Reich,

2.10.1944 gestrichen.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast