Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?

Article about: by youthcollector1 Adrian, I have my reasons. For not taking a photo of the hinge from another angle? I don't understand.........

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Adrian, I have my reasons.
    For not taking a photo of the hinge from another angle? I don't understand.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres Flakabzeichen ( engraving ss) Help to find info on him?
    P
    Many

No, not because of that, but I don't want to go into the reasoning on this thread if at all possible. In fact, there is probably nothing else which needs to be added besides the requested pictures of the engraving. So the thread doesn't get close, I'll close it until I can proved them. Thanks for all the comments, and if you want to add something of value, just message me and I'll reopen the thread.

?

I am the moderator of this section and decide which threads are open or closed. If you don't wish to add anything further then that's up to you but the thread will remain open for anyone else to comment on the badge or engraving if they so wish.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

For example, when research shows that said person was actually in the marked Batterie, and Division, as well that it also matches to the correct Fpi Nr., IMO, that is worthy for discussion. The majority of the time, such added information is something the fakers don't research, thus causing it to be incorrect in some kind of aspect.
    I wouldnt think so for a number of reasons.
    Firstly the "fakers dont reasearch" cant apply here, because the person who scratched the name(s) into the reverse, did not make the medal, or "fake" it, but either owned it from new & engraved his own details on it, or a collector engraved whatever we read on it much later to push up the value of a good piece- because it is SS-related. (or it is a complete post war made item)
    Secondly, information like you find on this award, has been freely available on the net since day 1. Not just feldpostnummern, but other details as well, found in a number of ways by those looking for it, Media, ID cards and documents offered for sale or discussed on one of the umpteen forums around the world, auction sites, the list is very long. So because the information is not secret, and could, plausibly and quite possibly, be found by anyone who was looking, it is not really any kind of standpoint imho.

there are other tools used that are at minimum worthy of discussion.
    Yes of course, in fact i place any detailed analysis right at the back, and would consider first:
    Common sense, or logic, then the item, then history, and after that if there were any real questions still open, i would use a detailed analysis.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I am the moderator of this section and decide which threads are open or closed. If you don't wish to add anything further then that's up to you but the thread will remain open for anyone else to comment on the badge or engraving if they so wish.
    Ok...? I've seen many of members close their threads until further information was available, and considering the involved parties, my reasoning was pure. I just didn't want to see yet another thread deleted due to arguing, and going off topic, which this one was clearly doing. If you are the moderator of this section, and are the only one allowed to make that decision, maybe the ability for members to do so should be deleted. I honestly can't understand why we have the means to close our threads if they're going to just be reopened, but as you said, you are the moderator, and since you reopened it, I will not close it again.

Jo, I think the fakers do apply considering there are many of example that show original items destroyed by fakers adding post-war engraving. Although the entire item isn't fake, a portion of it still is, thus, something is being faked.
    I agree the information is readily available from several, easily accessed sources, but many examples show fakers do not use this information to their advantage, such as I.D disk. At minimum, the spelling is usually found to be, in some way, inaccurate. We even see this on documents replicated from originals, but also on several other styles of items, too.
    As for your last paragraph, I still agree with you, and was under the false impression that for you, science was the only method worth using, and all others where now useless. Sorry, I was wrong about that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3