Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker?

Article about: Hey Guys, since my last Steegmeir Flak fake, i found this Flakkampfabzeichen ,which i want to buy if i can get it cheap But i have no idea if it is a real one or a fakey and if it´s original

?

Sorry those are all the pics i have right now

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker?
    P
    Many

F&B is a good inference due to the eagle style very reminiscent

?

it´s funny i was just about to say the same thing but someone was faster I made more research and i found a simlar piece! The only problem i have is, that this one like´s to be copied by our friend staegmeir, so for me it is hard to tell if this one is not a fake one. It looks like it has a sandy surface which is unusally for those badges or am i´m wrong on this? Also i just realized the length from the needle of the fake one is same length. The originalone seems to have a shorter needle...
    The one to the left is suppose to be an original piece, but also with no maker mark, but was advertised with the original certificate from the owner. Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker? Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker?
    this is the staegmeir piece i once have bought but lucky me i could return it als had that sandy surface.
    Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker?Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker?

Hello,
    Gerry beat me to it!
    In my opinion the one that started the thread has all the traits of the Staegemeir copy and carries some of the flaws seen on his examples

Have a look at the flaw of these two fakes where there is a large blob on the reverse opposite the triangular cut out:

Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker?Heeres flakkampfabzeichen real or fake and what maker?

What with this repeat flaw and the typical file marks it certainly looks like a cast fake

All the best Doug

?

i guess you are right same blob i hate that guy, he is making peoples life miserable Just a thought, since they are not to many F&B pieces out there, wouldn´t have a bagde made by the same maker do have similar characteristic besides file marks etc... I mean if you copy something, then of course the copied piece should have the same marks etc like the original. Just something i always wondered about, especially if you have nothing to compare it too. I guess that is the reason why they pic the rare one´s...

Hello Gerry,
    the reproduction techniques are getting better as time goes by.
    The detail on the one that started the thread is very good and as you point out it has a very sandy looking finish.
    However the types of accepted original seem to be finished with either a nice quality plating often found with bubbling zinc below the finish or covered with a bronze coloured Brennlack and then silver finished.

On F&B badges always have a look at the pin. Fakes always seem to have a small bend near the hinge whereas the originals all appear to have just a straight backed pin.

I do collect the occasional reproduction...sometimes accidentally but in the recent past on purpose and I am quite sure I have one of these examples somewhere in the dud collection.
    If I get chance I will pull it out and post some more comparative pictures.

Original badges
    Brennlack:

Attachment 1128996

Thanks to Marc Garlasco Silver plated:

Attachment 1128997

Doug

?

can´t see the attachment?

I think you are right Doug.

The rear set up is also not right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2