Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello all, i got offered these items and i wanted to check if they are original before i buy.

Article about: I know i would rather not buy any medal then to buy a reproduction. I only so far have brought from recomended dealers/ sites and just found that site thats similar to ebay. Thank goodness f

Default Hello all, i got offered these items and i wanted to check if they are original before i buy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello all, i got offered these items and i wanted to check if they are original before i buy.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hello all, i got offered these items and i wanted to check if they are original before i buy.

Daniel

The Faithfull Service medal looks cast to me.
    The photo of the Wound Badge is dreadful, I would not buy

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Hello all, i got offered these items and i wanted to check if they are original before i buy.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Daniel

The Faithfull Service medal looks cast to me.
    The photo of the Wound Badge is dreadful, I would not buy

Nick

In my opinion i thought the wound badge was a fake but the civil service an original just in terrible condition. I just needed some of your experert opinions
    Once again i find myself thanking you guys.

ridiculous that they are selling these things with pictures like this.

i'd stay away based on that alone.

as for the VWA, it looks almost as though it could be hollow-backed from the shots provided.

I think im gonna stay well away from the wound badge, as for the service medal im not sure if i should get it because im eagar to get one to complete my set.

i'd buy from someone else.

these guys go on and on about the massive number of experts they polled to assure the authenticity of a wound badge and put up these ridiculous pictures of it and in the end, the pictures (as bad as they are) can't hide the shortcomings of a badge they probably know is bad.

Do you think i should avoid the civil service medal aswell?
    I thought it looked ok just in poor condition?

there are plenty of faithful service medals out there that would not get a caution from Woolgar (who knows what he's doing) so there's that to worry about too.

i hesitate to make a call from the pictures provided. again, just based on the fact that they can't get good pics up makes me want to walk away. that's just me and your tolerances may be different. from a seller i expect good pictures and straight talk. here you get poor pictures and all this talk about huge numbers of experts consulted over a simple wound badge they can't seem to photograph.

just doesn't seem like a great situation with this particular seller and wares.

it is possible another member will be confident enough to make the call on this type of badge with the small pictures provided so you might see if you get that.

Thanks for the help, i will wait till one comes on here as i dont want to buy one thats a reproduction.

no problem.

it's better to pass on a real item than buy a fake.

buy from sources that provide reasonable photographs, are experienced in what they are selling, and buy after posting here for comments when you have any doubt at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast