Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help! Hindenburg Cross

Article about: Sorry, i seriously dont know where to put this. Im new to this website completely. Im also just getting into collecting German medals too. The first medal i want to get is a WWII German Hind

Default Help! Hindenburg Cross

Sorry, i seriously dont know where to put this. Im new to this website completely. Im also just getting into collecting German medals too. The first medal i want to get is a WWII German Hindenburg Cross with Swords, found here http://militaryitems.com/store/index...ducts_id=26854 it says its original, but it doesnt look so. it doesnt look worn at all... Please help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Hindenburg Cross
    P
    Many

Its a nice original with a nice makers mark on the reverse. Nothing wrong with this one, although you can find them for about 10$ cheaper if you look around a bit more. This seller does have a fair amount of reproduction gear and a few fakes mixed in with his inventory so if you are looking to get into collecting you may want to read some of the "reputable dealer" threads.
    Morris

?

Justino2263,

First welcome to the forum. Morris is spot on. See this link to a good friend Clay at Bunker Militaria. They have some from $20 to $30 that are authentic as well if you want to save a few bucks. if you scroll to the bottom they have many. Some have the award document to the soldier as well.

Bunker Militaria: SALE LIST - PART 2

Quote by justino2263 View Post
    Sorry, i seriously dont know where to put this. Im new to this website completely. Im also just getting into collecting German medals too. The first medal i want to get is a WWII German Hindenburg Cross with Swords, found here http://militaryitems.com/store/index...ducts_id=26854 it says its original, but it doesnt look so. it doesnt look worn at all... Please help!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Agreed with all of the above. It's original but Extremely over-priced at $40. These medals were one of the most common and profusely produced badges of them all. You can easily find one for much less if you look around abit.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Welcome to forum. Morris,rossi and william have already said all that is necessary. about 10- 15e is good price. Of course, you can always ask for a discount......

I agree with all that's been said above.

A Hindenberg cross was the first German medal I started
    with in the mid 1970's. They are still very common and
    inexpensive - I paid $12 back then and just a few
    months ago got a couple more for
    $15 each.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hello,
    I agree with the above comments. I would not pay $40 for one of these, they are as common as dirt. As a matter of fact I had several for sale and ended up selling several in the $10-$15 range and I gave two away to my students.

The only way I collect these things is when they appear on medal bars (then I have to collect them).

Regards,
    Jody