Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help with ID

Article about: Hello to everybody! I've been trying to find out what is it but no luck so far, I'd appreciate if any of you can give me any suggestions. I don't posses this items as they are up for sale, t

Default Help with ID

Hello to everybody!

I've been trying to find out what is it but no luck so far, I'd appreciate if any of you can give me any suggestions. I don't posses this items as they are up for sale, that means I can't have any better photos unfortunatelly :/

Here's the mystery

And now the one I recognized but would like to hear your opinions, it's a cross for polizei service as far as I know

If you have any ideas about these I'll appreciate it. Thank you

Bart

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with ID
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with ID

The first one is a complete fantasy item. (The design of its centerpiece with the eagle, wreath and year is "inspired" by an NSRL Leistungsabzeichen.)

The second one is fake. (A copy of a Police Long Service Decoration for 18 years.)

Ok, thank you

I was suspicious after looking half a day for the first one that it may be a fantasy item. Hovewer, I'm dissapointed about the other one Can you tell me how do you know it's a fake? I've been looking and comparing it with other photos on the net and they looked identical to me :/

Regards

Quote by project01 View Post
    I was suspicious after looking half a day for the first one that it may be a fantasy item. Hovewer, I'm dissapointed about the other one Can you tell me how do you know it's a fake? I've been looking and comparing it with other photos on the net and they looked identical to me
    It's just the generally poor detailing (for example in the pebbled fields on the arms of the cross), the crude edges and the plump suspension. It looks cast to me.
    Please compare with these: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...crosses-14319/

?

I agree completely with Andreas' assessment. The first is fantasy, the second is fake. If you compare to the original examples in the link provided the overall poor quality should stand out, the many flaws, soft and crude detailing.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks guys, they're good photographs to compare, I must admit the fake one looks flat and without character to me now but surely will ask for an advice next time, no doubt about that!

Cheers