Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with identification of EK2 and Ostmedaille....

Article about: Hello all! These are the two medals I have in my modest collection. Are they real? Can anyone help with any additional information on them? THANK YOU! I like the patina on my EK2... it has &

Default Re: Help with identification of EK2 and Ostmedaille....

Quote by militarymania View Post
    well you can try again next time to get a better price,but you should be prepared to walk away from the deal
    Live and learn, I suppose. I didn't get ripped off too badly, so I'll just chalk it up to experience.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with identification of EK2 and Ostmedaille....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help with identification of EK2 and Ostmedaille....

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post

Both medals came in boxes with glass windows that are held shut by needles on either side. I'm assuming I should keep them in those boxes?

I must admit I'm a little disappointed... At the Reading airshow/ reenactment weekend I searched the militaria flea market and was sort of scared to buy an EK2 from some of the people set up under tents there.

I decided to buy from a man who had set up in the main hanger of the airport there. He had an official looking setup and even gave me a business card. (I don't really want to ruin the mans reputation, so I won't post his information unless you guys think that is necessary.) He refused to go down on the price at all, too. He did admit that the EK2 had some wear to it... but he said applying wax or oil would stop it from being damaged any further. He said that the medal was well worn and he also mentioned that it had a nice patina. He stated that the EK was one of / if not the most famous medal in the world... so he defended his price. I didn't know any better...

I hate to ask, but would anyone be able to tell me how much each of my medals is worth?
    I guess these boxes will be ok to store your medals, the main thing is to keep them out of direct sunlight, prevent dust getting on them and keep them at a reasonable, consistant temperature and not anywhere damp or humid. I wouldn't be too disappointed, you didn't over pay, just paid the top end of the market value for a cross in this condition. You got an original, not a fake so well done!
    It's not going to hurt by saying who the dealer was, he sold you original medals for dealer prices. As I said before, his suggestion to apply wax or oil amy not have been the best idea and he gave you a bit of sales talk, normal for these shows.

you can always pay retail,,,being mindful of your wallet, i would suggest you always negotiate a price before purchase,,,i would value your ek at $90-$125 and the RF at about $65 with consideration to condition to both medals,,,,
    Robert has given a good ball park price guide, as always, try to go for the low end first!

well you can try again next time to get a better price,but you should be prepared to walk away from the deal
    As before, go in low, do a bit of research as to the current price of the item you might want to buy, make an offer and as above, walk away if you're not happy. There are plenty of EKs around so you won't have any problems finding another at a price to suit your budget. Don't be scared to buy an EK, go armed with the knowledge and the money in your pocket, you're in control of where you spend it, not the dealer!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2