Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase

Article about: I have been looking to start a collection for some time, but have been put off by the proliferation of fakes. These look good, and have fine detail,and they have a story about their finding.

?

Default HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase

I have been looking to start a collection for some time, but have been put off by the proliferation of fakes. These look good, and have fine detail,and they have a story about their finding. However, I am not so confident in my abilities and would like some input as to whether they look like originals - some pics are useless, but you'll get some idea. Any help appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase   HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase  

HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase   HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase  

HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase   HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase  

Last edited by alikat; 04-18-2010 at 07:04 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase
    P
    Many

Default Re: HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase

First two insigna's don't look good to me! But I am no expert.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi, and welcome!

Sorry, but the Luftwaffe Pilots badge and E Boat badge are both poor quality fakes. These are castings and exhibit the wrong metal used and have poor detail and incorrect hardware (Pins, catches, etc) Pilots badges or any other award would never have this kind of pin assembly. Look at the wreath and you will see where the original catch and hinge would have sat in the vertical position. (12 and 6 o'clock)

However, the Westwall Medal is a good early example made of Tombak.

Cheers, Ade.

?

You guys are the best - thank you. I would have ended up buying a lot of junk. I will see if he will remove the fakes from the deal - but maybe they were the sweetener to lure people in?

Thanks, Al

?

Agree with Ade, those badges are awful. You think you've seen the worst fake and something else always comes along!
    The ribbon on the Westwall might be a repro but the medal looks good.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I forgot to post the U Boat one. Poor front view pic quality. I assume this is also bad?

How were the originals made? Die cast, forged??

Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase   HELP NEEDED on 1st purchase  

Hey guys, I'm new too, this may sound funny but I also have some items i would like to purchase but need opinions first. How do i go about making a page or whatever it's called to show you my items? thanks!

?

Hi,

Not too difficult. Just go to the 'new thread' box. Have your pics already reduced in size to fit. Go through the boxes to put in subject, then content and then hit the 'pictures upload'. You then can search for the pics on your computer and double click on them one at a time. When done, click upload and close the box when it is done. It tells you if they are too large to post. Wait for replies - they notify you by email as well. Great site!

Al

Hi Al, yes this one looks bad too. Poor detail.

Methods of production varied: some badges were die cast, while others were die struck.

Hi Nathan, I see Al has already helped you.

You need to create your own thread. See "FAQ" at top right of the page for instructions if you are still not sure.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Guys! I look forward to showing you my collection and things to come!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast