Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre

Article about: no problem, I'm just grateful for the time spent looking at this for me. Thanks everyone.

Default help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre

I know these are pretty common and this one does not have the box. Opinions on originality if you would please. Thanks, Jeff B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre   help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre  

help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre   help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre
    P
    Many

Default Re: help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre

Looks good, I think. Probably worn a lot and lost most of its frosting. The suspension ring looks more silver than mine and thinner, but might be a different maker. Mine to compare if you need it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre   help please with this Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre  

?

The medal looks original but the ribbon is not. My advice would be to pass on this one and find an original cross and ribbon, as you say, they are a common award!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Good eye Adrian. I guess that explains the thin silver suspension ring. and the ribbon does look cotton upon closer inspection.

Adrian is correct , that is not a period pin set up

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I agree with Adrian about passing on this one.
    The whole look of it does not seem right.
    Even if the cross was a worn example (which may explain the different medal mounting..this one looks as though it is for a woman) the ribbon is not an original issued example which would have the pin on the top of a neatly pleated ribbon so it fitted in the red 25 year box perfectly.
    The pebbling does not look detailed enough and the black enamel looks as though it comes from Eastern Europe...all in all a pretty duff looking cross
    It would not be one I would want to add to my collection...sorry
    All the best
    Doug

Hey guys I really appreciate all your feedback. I would have to agree with you all on this item. Having seen Helmetone's pic of his really help solidify an already bad feeling regarding this award. The details are really lacking any kind of sharpness especially when comparing the backs of both awards. I'm not too up on ribbons but if what you guys say is true and I believe it is, then that definitely seals it for me. Why would I want an award even if it was original that had a fake ribbon and no case when it is relatively easy to find a more appealing example with original ribbon and box? Thanks again guys for the timely replies and the great advice. Jeff B.

How can you tell if black enamel is eastern European?

Hello Glenn,
    it is just a gut feeling. If you look at the edge of the enamel it always seems to adhere poorly to the sides of the wall...You know what I mean! It always seems to have the miniature pock marks in it! Remember when the first copies of the German cross started coming out? The enamel was always the give away and I believe the forgers have never really gained the quality or the look and feel of original enamelling. They have got very good with the mecurial gilding (only because the H&S still do not operate very well over there)

I should have looked at the at this one a little slower. I missed the lack of detail in the pebbling and edges. Very soft lines. Maybe I should stop looking at awards right after I wake up. My apologies, Rigor!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast