Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?

Article about: Hi, just got these on epay, and received yesterday. I bought all 3 for \\$13 to get the Soviet cap star, even though someone has flattened it completely. I try to find as many pre-45 varieties

Default Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?

Hi, just got these on epay, and received yesterday. I bought all 3 for $13 to get the Soviet cap star, even though someone has flattened it completely. I try to find as many pre-45 varieties as possible now, and I think this one is a small war time star. I like Soviet cap stars.

After getting them, I like all three, and would like to know more about the other two. Does anyone know more about this brown celluloid or bakelite? pin/badge.

It appears to be WW2 era, and seems to be maybe an old Germanic version of a swastika??

Also if someone knows more info on this ULLR pendant or medal, would be appreciated. I did a goggle of the ULLR, and found some info out, and saw a couple dozen photos of similar ones. It is some type of winter sports shooting contest or competitions?? I guess similar to the biathlon with skiing and shooting?? but more than 2 sports so not really a biathlon. So..... What was this??

Is this ULLR WW2 era?? It looks old, and maybe could be, but have no idea on this one.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?   Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?  

Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?   Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?

Anybody???? too obscure??? Wrong Section???

If not mistaken, the brown plastic one is a tinnie of sorts. Maybe WHW or day badge. The one with Santa look-a-like is marked as being something to do with the Patron Saint of winter sportspeople or something along those lines. The small red star badge is a Russian cap badge, I think. Unsure of period worn. The white cylindrical thing at the bottom is definitely a Marlboro cigarette.
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    If not mistaken, the brown plastic one is a tinnie of sorts. Maybe WHW or day badge. The one with Santa look-a-like is marked as being something to do with the Patron Saint of winter sportspeople or something along those lines. The small red star badge is a Russian cap badge, I think. Unsure of period worn. The white cylindrical thing at the bottom is definitely a Marlboro cigarette.
    Tom
    Hi Tom, thanks. Yes a "tinnie" of sorts, I did not know what to call it. I was curious about "Santa" also. I Do not know if it is war time era?? or not.
    I know about the cap star already..... but the cig is a Marlboro "Light". I must watch my health. I don't think it matters though if you smoke 40 or so a day.

Regards, Steve

Hello
    The round brown Plastic tinnie is from Winter care and belongs to a series of 10 piece with the name decoration old cultural peoples
    it was sold to 27 and 28 December 1941 were manufactured
    49643921 !!!!!! Piece
    regards
    Guy from Luxemburg

here still photos from the same series
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?   Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?  

Attached Images Attached Images Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?  Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR?  Help Please-What is This German Pin- Badge & ULLR? 

Quote by Winterhilfswerk View Post
    Hello
    The round brown Plastic tinnie is from Winter care and belongs to a series of 10 piece with the name decoration old cultural peoples
    it was sold to 27 and 28 December 1941 were manufactured
    49643921 !!!!!! Piece
    regards
    Guy from Luxemburg

here still photos from the same series
    Hello Guy from Luxemburg! Thank you for the interesting information, and more photos of the "series". I had thought also before your confirmation, it was some kind of ancient Germanic peoples symbolism. You pins are a very nice collection. Thank you for sharing.

I imagine these "tinnies" were sold to gather money for the "cause" and also Is this correct?

Did money from the sales of these, and the many, many other "tinnies" go to the government?

Do you know anything about Santa Claus-Der Weihnachtsmann- Père Noël ???

Rergards, Steve in Florida

Hello steve
    To Santa Claus I cannot say anything the money from the sale from the badges was for poor people
    regards
    Guy
    on this link you find in the data base over 3000 badges of it
    www.sammlerstammtisch.de

Quote by Winterhilfswerk View Post
    Hello steve
    To Santa Claus I cannot say anything the money from the sale from the badges was for poor people
    regards
    Guy
    Hello Guy, I see, that is "winter relief" for the poorer people. Thank you for the interesting information. Santa is a mystery for now.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve, your item is indeed a 3KWHW-1RSS donation badge. This means it was from the first national street collection (1RSS), of the third wartime charity drive (3KWHW). There were 10 plastic badges in the collection, yours is four, and has a Tieste number of T415. The collection was called Schmuck alter Kulturvölker mit Hakenkreuz-Symbol (Jewellry of old cultural people with swastika symbol).