Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help w/ Medal Bar

Article about: Yes, after now doing some reaserch on this subject I now see it is an Ohio fake. Thank you all for your help and I will be speaking with this dealer at the next gun show armed with this info

Default Help w/ Medal Bar

I picked up this 10 place medal bar today and would like some help from those of you that collect these. I am looking to see if it is ok and for some help on what type of medals it represents. Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help w/ Medal Bar   Help w/ Medal Bar  

Help w/ Medal Bar   Help w/ Medal Bar  

Help w/ Medal Bar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help w/ Medal Bar
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help w/ Medal Bar

Hello Killroy,

Firstly, I am a novice collector so my two cents worth will probably be improved upon once the "pros" arrive.
    I am eager to follow this thread as ribbon bars seem to often be "unappreciated".
    In my opinion the medal bar is good.
    1st ribbon: 1914 Iron cross 2nd class with 1939 "Spange" to the iron cross
    2nd ribbon: "Kriegsverdientskreuz mit Schwerten" (He was a member of the armed forces)
    3rd-5th ribbons: Austrian medal of valour ( I do not know what the laurel wreath represents but I believe the swords represent bravery)
    6th ribbon: Ehrenkreuz fuer Frontskaempfer "Hindenburg cross" with crossed swords and wound badge (He was in the armed forces during WW1 and was wounded)
    7th-8th ribbons: Army long service awards (total 8 years during third reich period)
    9th Ribbon: Luftschutz medaille (Award to firefighters, factory guards and police)
    10thRibbon: Anchluss medal (Given to Austrians and a small amount of Germans who helped with bringing Austria into the greater Germany as envisioned by the Nazis)

From this ribbon bar, I would say that the original owner was an Austrian who fought in the WW1 who received awards for bravery. He remained or later rejoined(?) the armed forces (maybe even the police). He was involved in the Anchluss and during WW2 served in some branch of the military who duties included helping out against the air attacks of the allies.
    Well that was my two cents worth, now lets wait for the professionals!
    Always ready to learn more!

Peace and respect
    Adrianb

?

I am not an expert of these ribbon bars, but this one is not original in my opinion.
    The mini spange and swb looks fake, and the whole back reminds me to the so called Ohio fakes.

?

Are the medal ribbons in the correct order of precedence and is this series of awards logical?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Yes, an austrian guys put the bravery medals before a hindenburg.
    Help w/ Medal BarHelp w/ Medal BarHelp w/ Medal Bar

Ohio fakes? I have never come across that term before. Please share more information!!!

Quote by adrianb2000 View Post
    Ohio fakes? I have never come across that term before. Please share more information!!!
    There was a dealer based in Ohio who churned out hundreds of fake bars over ten years ago now. They usually feature a clipped brass catch and a brass backing plate and this one looks suspect in that area. I am sure this is one of those.....

Cheers, Ade.

Sadly I believe that you are right Janos and Ade. I got burnt on one quite the same Looked bloody good to me!

But are they all fake ribbons and minis or original pieces put together in a fake combo?

Hi Glenn, they come in a mixture of original and fake parts.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast