MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help w/ Medal Bar

Article about: Yes, after now doing some reaserch on this subject I now see it is an Ohio fake. Thank you all for your help and I will be speaking with this dealer at the next gun show armed with this info

Default Re: Help w/ Medal Bar

Yes, after now doing some reaserch on this subject I now see it is an Ohio fake. Thank you all for your help and I will be speaking with this dealer at the next gun show armed with this information. I know better than to step out of my comfort zone at a venue like this so I feel it to be my fault. I came out okish though I think. In this deal I purchased a FXO Luger mag (that i know to be good) along with this bar for $175 so I see it as just overpaying for the Luger mag. Lesson learned.

Jeff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help w/ Medal Bar
    P
    Many

?

I started a thread here solely for the purpose of sharing and discussing these fake medal/ribbonbars. Please add any information regarding the Ohio fakes there so we have it for future reference.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Killroy View Post
    Yes, after now doing some reaserch on this subject I now see it is an Ohio fake. Thank you all for your help and I will be speaking with this dealer at the next gun show armed with this information. I know better than to step out of my comfort zone at a venue like this so I feel it to be my fault. I came out okish though I think. In this deal I purchased a FXO Luger mag (that i know to be good) along with this bar for $175 so I see it as just overpaying for the Luger mag. Lesson learned.

Jeff
    Well said Jeff, and it's good that you have rationalised it in this way.

From first impression, it looked good to me.............
    Regards,

Steve.

My final question my friends, is this medal bar made up of original ribbons or is it all bad?

Jeff

Very hard to say from the pics. I would blacklight it.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi all,

Here are a couple of photos of 2 ribbon bars that I have. The one on top was bought in Canada and the one on the bottom in Europe. Note the difference in sizes and the finishing on the back. I am sincerely hoping that the top one is not an "ohio fake" even though the ribbons are original.
    Any thoughts anyone?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help w/ Medal Bar   Help w/ Medal Bar  

Hi Adrian, both of these are fine.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2