Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How do you show your medals.

Article about: by derman Hello, Is it possible to give me the name of the company where I can buy stands for my medals with ribbon and needle at the top, I don't know which stand suits this need better. Th

Default How do you show your medals.

Gents, sorry to intrude here, but I think it the best place to create a thread on ways we, the members choose to display our medal/award collections, do we show or hide away ? I know collectors who store them in cases or display cabinets and even boxes hidden away in the attic ! however I show mine in a model car display cabinet, where individual medals/awards and bars are displayed on perspex jewellery stands, these are available commercially on E-Bay for little money, with a little tweaking they can be used to good effect, see here....
    Heres a link to the company who supply the stands... set of 3 clear stands for matching sets earings/chains | eBay UK

Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How do you show your medals.   How do you show your medals.  

How do you show your medals.   How do you show your medals.  

How do you show your medals.   How do you show your medals.  

Last edited by oradour; 07-03-2011 at 01:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you show your medals.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Jow do you show your medals.

It's funny, I've been thinking of some ways to display medals and this is a great idea! Will have to try it out..

-Josh

Nice one.
    Posted before, but here it comes again.
    My denazified RK under a old glass dome that used to held other relics, and standing proudly in the living-room now.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Also pleasant to display are those bended glass frames that use to old catholic relics, they come on car boot sales for a fiew euros.
    untill they fall and break

cheers
    |<ris

?

Default Re: How do you show your medals.

I cram everything small into a wooden box. and i have my holister in a slightly bigger box. I have a shadow box and a map drawer with nothing in them

First is a coins cabinet of a museum I am transforming and filling; there is plenty other medals to go in, but I ran out of wood to make the compartements.
    And second is; I just love to put medals in old frames, I specialy like the passe-partout on thise one.The missing medals were used on other displays!How do you show your medals.How do you show your medals.

cheers
    |<ris

?

Yep thats the display I was talking about. Thats a great idea Thanks for showing those stands Steve Thats the route Im going to go with for my bars. I will add it all to my collection thread when its done.

Good thread and it reminds me that I need to take pictures which I'll add later.
    Unfortunately I won't be able to start a full display as I'll be relocating soon. It's
    a shame concidering this house was built around 1931 and has some interesting
    rooms that would be ideal for relics.

Back to the subject. I've been picking up items at resale shops like old frames, boxes
    and even a old jewelery box which I find very useful for showing things like medalions
    and items that are difficult to keep in a vertical position. There is also room for storing
    some pictures or documents.

When I get to my new location I'll try to figure a way to display larger items like helmets,
    etc.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Very nice Steve. Thanks, i'll definitely get those stands for my spanges.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

This is one of the boxes that has my medals, photo albums and small things.
    I think it was an old cigar box and it gives it a nice old fealing.

How do you show your medals.How do you show your medals.How do you show your medals.How do you show your medals.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast