MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I can't seem to find this Kriegsmarine stick pin elsewhere - is it especially rare?

Article about: Haven't seen this one elsewhere.

?

Collects, Have you tried to do any research on another website for comparison??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I can't seem to find this Kriegsmarine stick pin elsewhere - is it especially rare?
    P
    Many

This forum seemed to be the biggest and other websites I visited only showed the badges from the front.

I had no idea that anyone would want to fake such things before coming here, but that's probably a bias stemming from my indifference to the subject of collecting militaria.
    I must confess, that collecting things that are either nice or shiny and preferably both, was my biggest motivation at the time I started as a lad. You should have seen my pristine collection of stamps depicting old paintings of beautiful (semi)naked women. Now, that was valuable and worth the research!

Quote by Collects View Post
    Hi Gwar,

I'd be a sap if I blindly believed what anonymous people were saying on the Internet, over what I heard from my own family member, without being presented actual evidence.

Just my 2 cents.
    While I understand your concerns completely, let me assure you that most of the members here are not into giving incorrect information for their own gain.
    Those that are, are weeded out and banned pretty swiftly.
    The purpose of these threads and some of the answers that we give like, "Best wait for other opinions" and the like, are meant to give you many opinions from members all over the world that you can base your own decisions on. If we as individuals are not able to help in any particular field, we usually ask that you be patient and someone will come along that can.
    Most of the time, we post photos from our own collections and refer to data bases that some of us have at our disposal to give you and other newcomers the best information that we can.
    Again, this is all done so that you can make more informed decisions. We don't wish to to be, nor do we wish see, anyone ripped off over fakes.
    At the end of the day, if you are happy with an item, that is all that really matters.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3