Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I could use some help with Identification of items

Article about: Here is more stuff from this soldiers collection . The woman said her husband claimed that German soldiers would break the tip off of bayonets after they killed an enemy , but I wonder if he

markydee
    ?

Default Re: I could use some help with Identification of items

Here is more stuff from this soldiers collection . The woman said her husband claimed that German soldiers would break the tip off of bayonets after they killed an enemy , but I wonder if he just said that story to scare the kids or something, has anyone heard of that ? it seems dumb to damage a weapon...I figured some of you might want to see it all , These items are on Ebay , I was able to research them on Ebay first because they don't have any swastikas ...there is also some firearms but the widow can't find them , she thinks they may have been stolen years ago
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I could use some help with Identification of items   I could use some help with Identification of items  

I could use some help with Identification of items   I could use some help with Identification of items  

I could use some help with Identification of items   I could use some help with Identification of items  

2. # ADS

markydee
    ?

sorry , wrong pic of compass ....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I could use some help with Identification of items  

markydee welcome to the forum!! the scaring children must be a fairytale. The bayonet shown is a parade bayonet that was well for parade use only and never used in combat. The reason for the blade being broken off will be anyone's imagination.

By the way i love everything you have displayed thanks so much for showing!

rgds, Ty

Snapping off the bayonet point is a fairytale, but it was sometimes done by the owner to deface the item. But it could has just have easily happened if someone used it to open a tin can!

Just to confirm, every single item you have shown is original.

The US insignia is good too, the amphibious engineers examples are rather nice.

The extra German items you have shown are shoulder board insignia, numerial and rank pips and a Luftwaffe breast eagle and Flak gunners sleeve insignia. The Luftwaffe items could well have come together with the red collar tab. I would sell these as a lot.

Cheers, Ade.

markydee
    ?

Thanks so much for all the info.. If anyone wants to see how these items do on ebay here is a link to the items ..

eBay Seller: scrapbookinsarah: Collectibles, Video Games items on eBay.com

I am going to sell the rest here on this site

Hi mark,i agree with Fischer on the badges. The HA PAB appears to be a solid zinc type. Good luck on ebay,i think they'll pull 'em when they realise what they are. Stewy S

markydee
    ?

I did not post any of the items that have the swastika on them on ebay..I am hoping to sell those items to collectors on this site or to Bill Shea who has a site that sells alot of these items... Thanks again !

markydee
    ?

I tried to place a classified ad on here but I am having trouble with the photos uploading... I resized them but still won't work.. If anyone wants to buy any of the Items I posted pics of please send me your offers , All of the Items that have swastikas on them are for sale , all the rest are on Ebay, sorry if I am doing this wrong , I just need to sell this stuff for this lady soon..Thanks

markydee
    ?

Hi, I have bad news .. It turns out that , the woman I am selling this for never told her son she was selling his fathers war collection and he was pretty mad and wanted everything back... So I had to give back everything that wasn't already on Ebay, so all of those nice badges/medals are no longer available..I am sorry if you had your hopes up to add something to your collection... I can certainly understand him wanting those things back though. I would be mad if my mom had done that without asking me. The stuff on Ebay is still for sale , I told him I couldn't stop it, and he was ok with that, but wanted back all the German Items. Sorry...mark

Not surprising Mark,you can't blame him for wanting to keep them. Stewy S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast