Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....

Article about: I think that this an original sales/window sample of the NSDAP Gold party badge, hence the non enamel face. I have seen reference to this and have seen an identical in a picture, unfortunate

?

Default I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....

I think that this an original sales/window sample of the NSDAP Gold party badge, hence the non enamel face. I have seen reference to this and have seen an identical in a picture, unfortunately the pic i saw was only of the face and not the reverse of the original. All the Gold badges(not sales samples), i see are a pin back, this is a screw back design. I have not seen a repro that has a screw back.... any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!! Sorry for the quality of some of the pics, all the guy sent me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....   I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....  

I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....   I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....  

I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....  
    Attached Images Attached Images I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample..... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....

This is a fake. For one, the number was stamped in and not raised as in this example. Never seen them with a screw attachment, nor with paint instead of enamel. This was a rather coveted award and therefore made much better than this one. The wreath lacks proper detail, in short a very bad fake, sorry.
    Tom

?

Default Re: I think this is an authentic NSDAP Gold party badge sales sample.....

This is indeed a badly cast fake and as Tom says above, the quality on such a prestigious award would be much better.
    There is a link to a very good site on Goldenes Parteiabzeichen in the 'Useful Reference Links' thread at the top of the page.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

It seems inconceivable to me that anyone would want to show their customers a very inferior example (like this one) of what they have to offer. They would want to show the best they could do. I agree with Tom and Adrian here.

- Kenneth

?

I had no doubt that this was not an original NSDAP Gold badge, for obvious reasons !!!!!!! i was questioning if this was a salesmen sample........i found reference to this type and design being a salesman sample....... thanks for the input Ken !!!

Hello Ken, To answer your question,this is Definitely not a salesman's sample. Salesman samples were,pretty much,an unissued piece of an official badge-and this one is nowhere close to such a thing. One would have been better off simply showing a photograph or even a line drawing rather than hand the customer a crudely cast and painted badge with a screw stuck in the back of it while it was being cast. The gold badge was a Very elite badge and a salesman would want to show the very best possible sample that could be found to represent it. The customer would hardly be able to get an even rough idea of what they were being offered for sale by looking at this piece. William