Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ideas that you, the members would like to see to enhance and advance this section of the forum.

Article about: Guys, As Ben has opened a thread in the cloth headgear forum for members to put their thoughts and ideas forward to improve that section, I am doing the same here for the orders and decorati

Default Re: Ideas that you, the members would like to see to enhance and advance this section of the forum.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Adrian

A gallery of original item with their particular nuances shown. Such as die faults and split beads on EK's for example. What are some particular traits that fakers can't fake, etc. As Ade said, better to know details about originals.

Green
    Something like that Adrian.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ideas that you, the members would like to see to enhance and advance this section of the forum.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ideas that you, the members would like to see to enhance and advance this section of the forum.

That would be a good idea and perhaps over time it will happen. We have threads on most, if not all decorations in this section and for the time being, the search button will help you find them and you can research and compare with those.
    In the 'Useful Reference Links' thread which is pinned to the top of the page you will find a link to Lorenzo Brown's website, there you will find genuine examples of many combat badges which is an excellent place to compare awards.
    I am working on an EK2 thread which will point out all the features and flaws to help identify good from bad and also the identify each maker. I just need to get hold of a better camera than mine to take the pics.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    That would be a good idea and perhaps over time it will happen. We have threads on most, if not all decorations in this section and for the time being, the search button will help you find them and you can research and compare with those.
    In the 'Useful Reference Links' thread which is pinned to the top of the page you will find a link to Lorenzo Brown's website, there you will find genuine examples of many combat badges which is an excellent place to compare awards.
    I am working on an EK2 thread which will point out all the features and flaws to help identify good from bad and also the identify each maker. I just need to get hold of a better camera than mine to take the pics.
    Now that I cant wait for Adrian. We wont need to buy Dietrichs forthcoming publication

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Although this fourm is geared mostly towards WWII German militaria there are a lot of US collectors here also. I feel a thread geared toward US fakes would be beneficial. Everything US is being faked quite well just like the German items. I have posted a link previously concerning US Purple hearts and fake engraving which I feel is a "must read". Purple Heart Collection. Several of the members here have a pretty good knowledge of authentic items and some including me have been burned. These guys are good, especially when it comes to Civil War items and pre WWI stuff.

Thanks

Burt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2