Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Instant collection straight from the woodwork! *If it's all real*

Article about: Hi all, Some of you might have seen the peak cap i posted in the other section of the forum, and here is the next installment of finds that were found in a friends house that i was helping t

Default Instant collection straight from the woodwork! *If it's all real*

Hi all,

Some of you might have seen the peak cap i posted in the other section of the forum, and here is the next installment of finds that were found in a friends house that i was helping to clear.
    Some of the awards i know what they are and are pretty rare if they are real, some i have no clue, so please bear with me.

My friend's dad collected in the 60's-80's, so i have a gut feeling most of it is real, while some might be very old copies.

I apologize for the poor pictures, it is night here, so i will try and take better pictures in the daylight if requested.

Anyways here we go!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Instant collection straight from the woodwork! *If it's all real*  
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-20-2013 at 07:32 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Instant collection straight from the woodwork! *If it's all real*
    P
    Many

I suggest a seperate thread for each of these in the appropriate forum. Looks like you have a nice Schinkel EK2 at least. The balloon observer award is iffy, I believe these never existed in reality.

Smile

Of course it did. You've never heard of the ss heer balloon observer badge??? Very rare, and very, very desirable. :/

Looks as if you have at least three fantasy pieces, many more fakes, and a few original items thrown in, which consist of mainly tinnies and such.

As for the balloon observer badge, it appears to not even be a good fantasy copy. Probably something recent out of Eastern Europe, along with many of your other higher-end badges.
    As said, separate each badge/medal to its correct sub-forum and start a thread on each of them individually. This way, a proper appraisal is possible.

For now, all one can say is, the first four medals, the bottom row, and a few others look promising. So not all is bad here, thankfully. It is, however, virtually impossible to verify this without close, clear photographs of each item in its entirety, front and reverse.

Add: Your Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen, Winterschlacht Im Osten, and WWII EK1 look promising, too.

Please add a new thread on each individual item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Haydn,

Thank you for posting these badges. I have uploaded the image to the forum as links to photo hosting sites such as photobucket are not allowed. You need to post photos directly to the forum.

From the photo it is impossible to say which are good and which are bad except for the Balloon Beobachterabzeichen over which extreme doubt exists as to whether or not it was produced so it is safe to say this one is no good.

You will need to take good clear images of the front and back of each award and start a separate thread for each individual item. You will also need to separate them out and post in the correct forums. The cap insignia and tinnies for example don't belong in this section.

As always with multi item threads, I will close this one. Please read here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....