Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting finds!!! from a vet....

Article about: Hello Gents... I received a call today from a vets son... asking if I wanted to buy some german medals etc from his father... of course I made arrangements to see the collection... which onl

?

Default Interesting finds!!! from a vet....

Hello Gents...

I received a call today from a vets son... asking if I wanted to buy some german medals etc from his father... of course I made arrangements to see the collection... which only included items that he personally brought back after the war....

I know what most of them are... but please help me identify some of these... he seemed to think the mothers cross in gold was valuable... I very kindly tried to tell him that it wasn't rare or gold... but he does have some kool items ...
    the signal flag was taken by him from the German cruiser Leipzig
    German cruiser Leipzig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....   Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....  

Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....   Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....  

Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Interesting finds!!! from a vet....

more....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....   Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....  

Interesting finds!!!   from a vet....  

The three red stripes behind the medal group are Canadian Army overseas service stripes.

Rob

?

and more....

Nice find! Did you purchase this lot? The Mein Kampf in the slip cover looks to be the marriage presentation issue given to newlyweds by the town officials where they had their ceremony. I definitely like the KM signal flag. Some excellent pieces!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I didn't purchase anything... he wants me to make an offer... I believe he thinks the items are "very valuable"... I was going to do some homework and print off some comparables... and get an offer together. There is really nothing there I can't live without... but if I can get the lot for a fair price... I will.

Can you get reverse pics of the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen and Luft. Ground Assault Badge?

The Case for the Mother's Cross is probably harder to find and worth more than the medal itself.. About the few bits of the lot that are worth looking into would be the presentation Mein Kampf,the long service medal bar,and maybe the Luft badge and the KM flag. The buckle and the IAB...well...they're not trash, but not golden either. But, unfortunately, as so often seen, some people think they have treasures beyond compare when......well, they don't.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

The Erdkampfabzeichen is a very poor fake.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The Imperial bar, post #2, 7th item, needs the two "round" medals swopping places !........Oh, and its genuine ! ... Commemorative Medal for the Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 (Combatants), 1864 Prussian/Danish war Commemorative Medal for combatants and the Kaiser Wilhelm I Centenary Medal 1897, all on parade-mounted ribbon bar.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 04-16-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast