Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

ioffer question

Article about: oh not good i think i will go try find out a bit more about him but the more i think about it, the fakers do make this hobby a bit more exciting ?? cheers rory

?

Default Re: ioffer question

oh not good i think i will go try find out a bit more about him but the more i think about it, the fakers do make this hobby a bit more exciting ??

cheers

rory

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ioffer question
    P
    Many

?

Quote by rory View Post
    and ipad ade ? i wouldnt know how to work one

also who is pawel nowak william?
    Yeah, me neither!

Do a search for Pawel Nowak here on the forum, many threads about him.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

ive just typed his name into google images and sure enough i have seen him before on a dealers section titled (a list of con men and stolen items) it says he has stolen items from the dealer and made up a sob story saying he had no money. think i will research him a bit more i find it interesting if not educational

regards

rory

KSH
    ?

Quote by rory View Post
    ive just typed his name into google images and sure enough i have seen him before on a dealers section titled (a list of con men and stolen items) it says he has stolen items from the dealer and made up a sob story saying he had no money. think i will research him a bit more i find it interesting if not educational

regards

rory
    His usual approach is to copy images of nice items from forums like this and then he pretends to be in possession of those same items and that he wants to sell them. He often targets newly registered members on online forums (I think he actually keeps an eye on lists of newly registered members) - sends them a PM/e-mail etc and then he always have a bullshit story about how he acquired these items and why he is selling them so cheap. He always asks a below market value price to make the victim smell a bargain. He often gives the buyer (victim) a scan of a passport (not his real one probably) to increase confidence. The victim then sends him the money and receives nothing in return. That's about what I know about this crook.

- Kenneth

?

oh so is he actually a member of this forum then ? if this is the case he could be anyone just under a false name/id has he not been caught/imprisoned ?

rory

KSH
    ?

Quote by rory View Post
    oh so is he actually a member of this forum then ? if this is the case he could be anyone just under a false name/id has he not been caught/imprisoned ?

rory
    I can guarantee you that he is a member of many forums (most likely this one too), but of course under different nicks, and when he is found out, he just changes again. So you are right, he could be anyone on the forums. To my knowledge he has never been indicted or imprisoned.

- Kenneth

?

it could be me or you kenneth it is funny that he could well read this thread, if so its only a matter of time till hes caught

cheers

rory

KSH
    ?

Quote by rory View Post
    it could be me or you kenneth it is funny that he could well read this thread, if so its only a matter of time till hes caught

cheers

rory
    He's a slippery snake that one...and he has been doing it for years with impunity.

- Kenneth

?

A word of advice to anybody new to collecting. Please remember this information below. I was told this a long time ago when I first started to collect Third Reich militaria.

If you see an item you like, but you either a) Don't know the seller, and therefore can't trust them or b) Are not absolutely sure that the item is genuine and for sale, then ALWAYS ask for further pictures. This immediately reduces the risk because if the person, i.e. the crook doesn't own the advertised item, then he can't send you the requested photographs. It is a great hobby that we all enjoy, but sadly there are many, many crooked sorts out there who have the morals of a devil's turd. If this information helps then it makes this game a little bit easier.

Regards,

Carl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3