Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Juncker Beobachterabzeichen.

Article about: Hello Stefan, I do not have a good feeling about the badge. It may be just a gut instinct It is supposed to be a (J2 classification) a later produced buntmetal badge but the details look jus

?

Default Re: Juncker Beobachterabzeichen.

There is a pimple on the wing - see below - which also appears on others which have been called original and also appears in a slightly different place on the badge in the opening post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Juncker Beobachterabzeichen.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juncker Beobachterabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    We will see....Juncker Observer Badges - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

The badge from Adrian have also a die flaw on the same place at the swas Doug.Have you seen that?
    Hello Kradmelder,
    thank you for your input.
    I have seen the link on Wehrmacht Awards..it was me who posted it. I was hoping that one of the chaps with more expertise would chime in and give an executive answer.

I spent several hours yesterday just concentrating on the J2 Observer badge. I poured over the pictures of a good fifty badges that are posted on the net that have been deemed to be originals.
    I have come to this conclusion. The badge that Adrian posted as an example to compare with the badge that started the thread is indeed a worn and polished original badge and as you say has some interesting history behind it. BUT in my opinion and remember this is only my opinion the badge that started the thread is a cast copy of an example similar to Adrian's.

Why I reached this conclusion: As mentioned after studying the pictures in great detail I only came across one other mint condition badge that had a defective swastika similar to both Adrian's and the badge that started the thread but this had been filed down in the hand finishing and was only just visible.
    Then under 400X magnification I compared the badges and the badge that started the thread shows (to me) signs that it has been cast with quite a few metal pimples on the wing areas. There are subtle differences in the wreath with a softness that again to me indicate that it is cast.

I also looked at the very pronounced pimple on the back of the wing of Adrian's badge and tried to find it on any of the others that I was looking at and there wasn't any. I think it may be because Adrian's badge is quite heavily polished that it may show up more.

Anyway as I mentioned I would not want the badge in my collection......unless of course it was around £30 rather than the £300 I imagine it to be.

All the best
    Doug

PS Lovely FJ badges by the way

?

Doug, if you want to post the whole of my badge on WAF I have no problem with you doing so. It's been posted before and no-one batted an eyelid so I will be interested to see if it gets ripped up by the WAF wolfpack......

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Doug, if you want to post the whole of my badge on WAF I have no problem with you doing so. It's been posted before and no-one batted an eyelid so I will be interested to see if it gets ripped up by the WAF wolfpack......
    Thanks Adrian,
    as I mentioned in the previous post, I have no doubt that the badge you posted as comparison is a good badge.
    Under magnification it is nice to see the repairers marks on the wreath.
    I still have great doubts that the badge that started the thread is original.
    The details are just too soft.
    What I would like to do is post the original badge and see how the chaps get on over there
    All the best
    Doug

Thanks for your opinion Doug!You can ask the thread starter,to post the pics from him in "WAF".There were over 90 hits and no one give a opinion to the die flaws on the swas.I think the guys on WAF want see the complete badge to give a opinion if it`s good or bad.

Regards
    Joachim

?

In case it is of further use, here are a couple of side shots from each side. I took these to show how the badge has been mis-shapen as a result of being squashed/trodden on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Juncker Beobachterabzeichen.  

Hello Joachim,
    I have asked the original thekid for permission to post his pictures and am awaiting a reply
    All the best
    Doug

Default Re: Observers Badge

Looks like I am the one to eat humble pie on this thread.
    After getting permission from Stefan to post the pictures on WAF (here is the link: Juncker Observer Badges - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums ) the resident experts have give it the thumbs up.

Head now hanging in a suitably shamed position

All the beat
    Doug

Default Re: Observers Badge

Only why you have had a other opinion,it is no reason to be in a shamed position.We all are sometimes wrong and make a mistake.....on the other hand all was speaking Juncker on the starting badge in the thread

Best Regards
    Joachim

?

No shame Doug, if everyone agreed with everyone else and didn't ask the question it would be a very boring forum, no-one would learn anything and nothing would get discussed.
    I bet there are some members who've picked up a few things by reading this thread so it's all good and no-one should think any less of anyone else if they ask a question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3