Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)

Article about: Just bought this hard worn Kreta Cufftitle Award which belonged to Obergefreiter Karl Eisenkeller of the Luftwaffe Paratrooper Branch. The cufftitle is uniform removed. Eisenkeller removed i

Jan
    ?

Default Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)

Just bought this hard worn Kreta Cufftitle Award which belonged to Obergefreiter Karl Eisenkeller of the Luftwaffe Paratrooper Branch.

The cufftitle is uniform removed. Eisenkeller removed it himself and saved it as a memory from the war. He wore the cufftitle when he was wounded, therefore the cufftitle is a bit soiled from his blood and has been mended on its lower edge.

Alongside are some scans from two pages of his photoalbum, depicting him in a paratrooper jump smock and also in tropical uniform. Also printed copy scans of his award documents, EK I, EK II, Kreta Cufftitle, Luftwaffe Paratroopers Badge and Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge.

"Salty"

Will have it framed for my 50´th birthday on june 24th

Cheers

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)   Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)  

Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)   Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)  

Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)   Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :)

Another superb pick up Jan !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Excellent cufftitle Jan! Do you know what happened to the original documents and the rest of his awards?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Love it! Nice and "salty", as they say... and with award docs and photos as well A lot more interesting/intriguing than a mint/unused one imo.

A very nice Kreta Ärmelband you have bought.A superb present to your birthday.A heavy worn award,with a history,is for me personaly always better and more interesting as unworn/mint award.

Regards
    Joachim

Jan
    ?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Another superb pick up Jan !!
    Thanks Paul

Jan

- - Updated - -

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    A very nice Kreta Ärmelband you have bought.A superb present to your birthday.A heavy worn award,with a history,is for me personaly always better and more interesting as unworn/mint award.

Regards
    Joachim
    Thats exactly what I think too .

Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Thanks

Cheers Jan

- - Updated - -

Apparently they are still with the relatives of Eisenkeller.

Cheers Jan

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Excellent cufftitle Jan! Do you know what happened to the original documents and the rest of his awards?

Jan
    ?

One more pic of obergefreiter Karl Eisenfeller (in Chania after the invasion of Krete).

Cheers Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images Just bought this "Battlefield worn" Kreta Cufftitle :) 

Hi Jan, I know that you are really pleased with this "group", but I do have some real concerns.

My worry is this is a complete put together. The lack of any original photos or documents is one concern, but what really makes me think it is a put together set is the cuff title itself. Now it is original, no worries there. However, I very strongly believe this is one found in Poland in the early 1990's. I know because I have one and saw the large wad of them. Please take a look at mine which I showed here. Note the damage and the stains. They are almost the same.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...ff-title-1600/

IMHO I think someone has taken of of the Polish finds and done a few repairs to it and embelished it with a "story".

I hope you don't mind me expressing my opinion here? I really thought twice about saying this given you are pleased with the item. But if I did not speak up I would be doing you and other forum members a diservice.

Like I said the title is real, no question. I would negotiate a discount on the item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jan, I know that you are really pleased with this "group", but I do have some real concerns.

My worry is this is a complete put together. The lack of any original photos or documents is one concern, but what really makes me think it is a put together set is the cuff title itself. Now it is original, no worries there. However, I very strongly believe this is one found in Poland in the early 1990's. I know because I have one and saw the large wad of them. Please take a look at mine which I showed here. Note the damage and the stains. They are almost the same.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...ff-title-1600/

IMHO I think someone has taken of of the Polish finds and done a few repairs to it and embelished it with a "story".

I hope you don't mind me expressing my opinion here? I really thought twice about saying this given you are pleased with the item. But if I did not speak up I would be doing you and other forum members a diservice.

Like I said the title is real, no question. I would negotiate a discount on the item.

Cheers, Ade.

Good call Adrian , i think you have done the right thing although Jan will feel gutted . You gave me a similar call on my what i thought was a blood soaked Afrike cuff here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...removed-12316/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast