Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just need an opinion

Article about: Ok, quick overview. My mom's friend has a war cross he picked up in the eighties at a garage sale. He got it appraised in the 80's and was told it wasn't worth much. I just need to know how

Default Just need an opinion

Ok, quick overview. My mom's friend has a war cross he picked up in the eighties at a garage sale. He got it appraised in the 80's and was told it wasn't worth much. I just need to know how much are they worth/are thy common/were they named. I'm not great in decorations, so I need your help. A little fyi....if he finds it my mom is giving him 5 bucks for it. I hope he finds it. EDIT: It is a german war cross from the Second World War.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg Bop; 09-01-2010 at 01:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just need an opinion
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just need an opinion

By war cross.. are you talking about War Merit Cross or what? There are many different 'war cross'es that have been issued by different countries through the 20th century, so it would help alot if you could say what exactly this war cross is.

Regards,
    Finn

?

'War cross' is a fairly loose term - it might be a Knights cross or a Hindenberg cross or anything in between.......... there are alot of crosses..........!

Impossible to give you any information based on the above because we don't know what it is. I suggest you post pics if the cross gets found.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

http://www.reww2.com/images/ek1.JPG This. Sorry guys. As I said I'm not good with decorations, just edged weapons/firearms.

haha ok. well this is the famous Iron Cross, So if your neighbor will sell it to your mother for 5 bucks if he finds it, then your going to hit it lucky.. if its original of course. If you get it.. please show pictures of it. Iron crosses have many different values, all dependent on condition and makers. Iron crosses have different makers and different types.. for insance the EK2 and the 1st class.

Looking forward to pictures if you get it!

Regards,
    Finn

I'm pretty sure it is real. He collected these items. But yeah i will post it. It might take a while, 4 weeks at the most. Do you know the rarer ones and what they are worth? On a side note, thank you.

I really dont have very much knowledge in terms of what makers are rarer and therefore make the crosses more expensive, but when you get the cross there may be marks stamped into the cross' suspension ring (the Ring that connects the medal to the Ribbon) that will tell you what the maker is. So all youhave to do is take pics of the cross and inform us what marks you see on it and other members will be able to tell you what the maker is.

On the other hand.. You say that this guy used to collect this stuff.. it would seem odd that he would let this cross of his go for so cheap if he knows its original. Even if back in the 80's it 'wasnt that expensive', it would have been more than 5 bucks.. so there is a slight possibility that it is fake.

Regards,
    Finn

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    I really dont have very much knowledge in terms of what makers are rarer and therefore make the crosses more expensive, but when you get the cross there may be marks stamped into the cross' suspension ring (the Ring that connects the medal to the Ribbon) that will tell you what the maker is. So all youhave to do is take pics of the cross and inform us what marks you see on it and other members will be able to tell you what the maker is.

On the other hand.. You say that this guy used to collect this stuff.. it would seem odd that he would let this cross of his go for so cheap if he knows its original. Even if back in the 80's it 'wasnt that expensive', it would have been more than 5 bucks.. so there is a slight possibility that it is fake.

Regards,
    Finn
    This would be my worry as well.

A $5 Iron Cross of either class is unheard of in this day and age, and if someone collects militaria,
    they should know the value of an item ! Even if I knew a younger person who has the 'militaria
    collecting bug' and appreciated these objects, I wouldn't give away an expensive thing,
    but I might give him/her a very good deal on it !

( The one that you have posted a photo of, Blitzkrieg, is a repro )

We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope you get a genuine one !
    Regards,

Steve.

I'm sorry guys, my parents made a mistake. He didn't collect militaria, he just studied it becuase he was a social studies teacher. Sorry for the mixup. Thanks for the info also. I'll be sure to do that when if or when he finds it.

?

If the cross is worn around the neck and has little swords acorns and shiny stones attached to it u might be on to a winner!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast