Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just some new pickups!

Article about: I received today a Nahkampfspange in Bronze by Deschler & Sohn and a cased EKI 1939 made by Deumer, marked L/11. This cross has had a rough time by the looks of the catch, so has its cas

KSH
    ?

Default Just some new pickups!

I received today a Nahkampfspange in Bronze by Deschler & Sohn and a cased EKI 1939 made by Deumer, marked L/11. This cross has had a rough time by the looks of the catch, so has its case also in a way.

The Nahkampfspange:

Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!

Deumer cased LDO-marked EKI:

Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!Just some new pickups!

I know the photos aren't the best guys. Just yell out if you spot a fake

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just some new pickups!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Just some new pickups!

Thats a nice late war Deumer you have there Kenneth

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

Believe it or not but this is actually my first 1939 EKI I have a soft spot for items that really show some history like this one. And besides buying this one just gives me a perfect excuse to buy a more "minty" one to accompany it later

Thanks for the "late war info", Nick I didn't know that.

- Kenneth

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Thats a nice late war Deumer you have there Kenneth

Nick
    Hi Nick,

I have a vested interest in a EK1 Deumer at this very moment, case included. I would be very interested to know the differences between a 'Late war' type and an earlier version. I currently have it on hold and will have to pull the trigger in the next day or two. Is there a significant difference in value, as I think i'm paying top dollar for the cross I want, but did not realise that there was more than one type, such are the pitfalls for a novice dipping his toe in this line of (Expensive) collecting.

I would sincerely appreciate all comments regarding the differences, and if applicable, separate values, in these variations from all who may know.

Many thanks, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Nice additions Kenneth, the Nahkampfspange has a good look about it.

Ned, I believe it is to do with the makers mark. Early crosses were marked L/11 without a box around it and the later crosses had the box around the mark as above. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Yes, I like it very much. Deschler usually didn't use 7 crimps to hold the back plate, but it is not unseen on originals. There are many other variations on original clasps. It seems it was up to the individual making the crimps to decide what was needed to hold the back plate properly. Tom Durante wrote something about this in some thread in another forum I read not so long ago. Tom gave me a thumbs-up on this one

- Kenneth

Quote by Adrian View Post

Ned, I believe it is to do with the makers mark. Early crosses were marked L/11 without a box around it and the later crosses had the box around the mark as above. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!
    Thanks for that Ade, the one i'm looking at purchasing has no box round the makers mark that I can see. Would you know if there is a significant difference in value between the two types? Finally, could you point me in the direction of some good books on the subject of EK's? I may get into these a little deeper than I first thought...we'll see!

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Not sure if there is any significant difference in price Ned, Fabri, Nick, Sonny or Janos are probably best to advise you on that but obviously condition plays a pert in how much a cross is worth too.
    For books, the bible on the EK is 'The Iron Time' by Stephen Thomas Previtera but go for the second edition as the mistakes in the first have been rectified. George Stimson and Dietrich Maerz have written a book specifically about the EK1 with and EK2 book coming out within the next few months, have a look here: www.ironcross1939.com - not just for EK books but pretty much everything else too. You could also look up books by Gordon Williamson too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for that info, I'll post it here when I get it.

Regards, Ned.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Nick,

I have a vested interest in a EK1 Deumer at this very moment, case included. I would be very interested to know the differences between a 'Late war' type and an earlier version. I currently have it on hold and will have to pull the trigger in the next day or two. Is there a significant difference in value, as I think i'm paying top dollar for the cross I want, but did not realise that there was more than one type, such are the pitfalls for a novice dipping his toe in this line of (Expensive) collecting.

I would sincerely appreciate all comments regarding the differences, and if applicable, separate values, in these variations from all who may know.

Many thanks, Ned.
    Hi Ned

Adrian has said it all ! There is no particular price difference in early and late crosses its all down to condition.

Nice to see you are entering the EK arena, looking forward to seeing your Deumer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast