Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A keen eye?

Article about: I'm going to a medal collecting place within the next few weeks and am looking a buying a POLIZIE 25 YEAR SERVICE MEDAL, A SUDETAN OCCUPATION MEDAL 1938 (with the 2 men holding a flag on a p

Default A keen eye?

I'm going to a medal collecting place within the next few weeks and am looking a buying a POLIZIE 25 YEAR SERVICE MEDAL, A SUDETAN OCCUPATION MEDAL 1938 (with the 2 men holding a flag on a podium ((rounded medal)).) and a EASTERN FRONT MEDAL (awarded for the battles in Russia). I'm trying to extend my NAZI collection and I was wondering wether any one could give me a short list on things to look out for with each of these medals. I want to make sure I get authentic medals and I wouldn't have time To post photos.

Regards,
    Caleb.

The description in the brackets is because I couldnt think of all the whole names and wanted to make sure we were asking about the same medal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A keen eye?
    P
    Many

Default Re: A keen eye?

The best thing to do is post pics of each medal if possible.

Its a too complex and detailed topic to answer your question. Search the forum, study and learn and then ask specific questions on items before you buy. There is so much info out there if you look

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'm not able to sorry, but I just something to go by, like and obvious signs it may be fake? And ok thanks I'll keep on searching but the only thing I'm managing to find a sites hat only sell the medals.

Thanks,
    Caleb.

Hi Caleb,
    Plenty of info on the forum.Search the key words and you will be enlightened.
    The Ost medal was awarded for service during the winter of 41-42.It was not a combat award.

Cheers
    Dave

Ok cool, thanks.

?

Impossible to answer unfortunately. A combination of experience, research and study will keep you away from fakes but that can't be given in a single thread.

The best advice is to not spend any money if you're unsure. It's easier to find these medals at a later date and be sure of getting genuine pieces than it will be to get your money back after buying a dud at a fair.

You should be reasonably safe with an Ostmedaille as these are very common and low value. A Kriegsverdienstkreuz is also a fairly safe award too. Start safe and build your experience.

If you don't know the answer, don't be a chancer!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ok thanks for the great advice! I'm still learning the medal names in German so I'm unsure what ones you're talking about, guess I'll have to google them, thanks all the same though!

Caleb.

?

Don't Google them, use the search button here!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ok thanks,
    Caleb.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast