Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kreigsmarine badges and photos

Article about: Purchased this lot from an estate sale for August Martin Fenker who enlisted into the German navy in 1935 as his dogtag shows. When the war began he served on board the cruiser Blucher where

Default Kreigsmarine badges and photos

Purchased this lot from an estate sale for August Martin Fenker who enlisted into the German navy in 1935 as his dogtag shows. When the war began he served on board the cruiser Blucher where he earned his High Seas badge, and survived it's sinking in 1940.
    He was injured during it's sinking for which he received his wound badge, and was out of service for one year. He then served on smaller ships in the Baltic Sea close to Russia where he earned his Minesweeper badge. His Sport badge has been denazified so he may have kept wearing it after the war. The photo album includes 43 pictures that follow him in his service until he emigrates to Canada in 1951. Everything seems genuine and has good provenance but i would be glad for any input or comments. Not sure what these cap tallys are.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kreigsmarine badges and photos   Kreigsmarine badges and photos  

Kreigsmarine badges and photos   Kreigsmarine badges and photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kreigsmarine badges and photos
    P
    Many

Well, the Kriegsmarine badges are both nice originals.

You have a nice early tombak Schwerin Fleet badge,that fits into his service onboard the "Blucher".

The Minesweeper is a nice tombak R.K piece that appears to have a "loose or replaced" hingepin ?

I'm not sure about the cap tallies yet.I will see what i can find in my references.They appear to be from his early years of training ?
    I have to admit that tallies are not my forte,but perhaps someone else can provide a detailed opinion here ?

Nice badges and a very nice photograph of the recipient.Overall a very nice group and i am sure the Wound badge and the Sports badge will prove to be original too.

Regards,Martin.

Very nice group.

It's always delightful to have an historic packet like this, adding depth to a colection. Thanks for posting. Too bad the sports badge was denazified, but that's part of history too, from 1945 to 1950. Even the wound badge seems to have had the hakenkreuz painted over during this period. Your photos are very good,

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated.

v/nice indeed.

?

Nice group and nice awards. Would it be possible to post any photos from the album showing him wearing any of the badges?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here are pictures from the album.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kreigsmarine badges and photos   Kreigsmarine badges and photos  

Kreigsmarine badges and photos  

Fantastic album.

Wonderful images and obviously compiled after 1951,on emigrating to Canada.It appears the case here as the text is in English?

A very nice photographic record of one man's Kriegsmarine service,from training,to the Fleet,and then on to Minesweepers and finally emigration to Canada.

Thanks for showing.

Regards,Martin.

?

I love it! By coincidence, my Dad also emigrated to Canada in 1951 with his photos and ID tag (but not his awards), and a further coincidence is that my grandfather was an early electrical engineer working for the city of Kiel before the war in a similar capacity to your sailor!

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast