Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde

Article about: Great little find, Green. Makes it so much better when actually knowing the name of the recipient. Hope you are able to get an interview with the old gentleman. Tom

Default Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde

Ladies and Gents

I have been having a great day laughing and posting on the forum throughout the day! Wife and kids busy or just away from home for the day so I had time to take pics and play. I come to the forum to learn and have plenty of fun. Life is too serious and I blow-off steam here. My aim is to never offend with any of my posts and as far as I know, I haven't.

Seeing that this is my 300th post (301st, I know) I am certainly NOT a veteran of militaria collecting. (This was a segway to the veteran's armband and mother's cross I recently acquired.) These items came from an elderly gentleman in my area and I will keep his name private. He said these were his father's armband and his mother's, mother's cross. As I said, he's very elderly and had no reason to lie. I will attempt to interview this gentleman about his parents, as these items are named. A small insignificant grouping, I know, but meaningful to me and the person whom they belonged to previously.

You may recall the last time I had a named grouping from a German veteran. I attempted to interview that gentleman and I was told basically to buzz off. I guess second place in a 2 person race still doesn't sit well with the former German soldier. Or maybe it could be my forward personality, I don't know

Anyways, sorry for the rant and here are the pictures.

Greenhorn

[[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde   Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde  

Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde   Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde  

Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde  
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter and Kampfbinde

Nice cross and DRKB armband with history.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Nice cross and DRKB armband with history.

Eric
    Thank you, Eric. I like them also!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I agree nice items ! I hope you manage to get a good interview

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 02-28-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thats a nice pair of items, well done for managing to obtain them. Not many of us can say we have items in our colle tions and know a bit of the history that comes with them.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for your replies, Nick and Adrian

It's been with plenty of luck that I have been given items that I know the name of their original owners. Through work, I speak with many people and always mention that I collect anything pertaining to WW2 and this was a response from that. I will post my conversation with this gentleman if he grants me the interview. These two items came in a plastic bag with the armband being loose and the cross was in a small picture frame that was yellowed from time. I took the cross out of the frame and the ribbon is sticky from nicotine/tape that held it all together.

Green

?

Thanks for posting Mr Greenhorn, the Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter is the 1 of the next items on my shopping list..looks very nice example..Terry

Quote by Tango View Post
    Thanks for posting Mr Greenhorn, the Kreuz Der Deutschen Mutter is the 1 of the next items on my shopping list..looks very nice example..Terry
    Thank you. The pleasure is all mine, sir. Best of luck in filling your wants bag!

Green

Very nice bronze Mother's Cross. Have you others?
    Last edited by roger9344; 02-28-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: brain flatulence

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    Very nice bronze Mother's Cross. Have you others?
    No, no others Roger. This one replaced a fake I have but I guess I can find a silver and gold to complete the color scheme. Pretty little award...rather have EKs! Do you have any in your collection? You've been showing so many EK2s!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast