MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie

Article about: hi, Here some pics of my Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie. Any comments ? size : 51.8 x 43.5 x 2.9 mm éric

?

Default Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie

hi,
    Here some pics of my Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie.
    Any comments ?
    size : 51.8 x 43.5 x 2.9 mm
    Kriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie
    éric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie
    P
    Many

It's an unmarked zinc CA badge with typical S&L wrap around hinge, pin and flatwire catch imo.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 04-12-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Misidentified detail.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned , and your opinion it 's' 100% good ?
    Eric

?

Hi Guys,

I agree with Ned, a good used zincer attributed to S&L. This type of Coastal Artillery badge can be found with six variant reverse setups as shown. Eric's is the same type as the one in the lower left of the compilation.

Although always unmarked, the attribution to S&L comes from the fact that this type (with various setups) has appeared on several Lüdenscheid souvenir boards and in the so-called "S&L sales cases" along with many S&L-marked products. As well it bears a remarkable similarity to S&L's '57 version, a recurring theme since S&L based their new '57 war badge dies on their wartime designs.

As to the question of "100% good", it's certainly a correct "wartime compatible" badge. With S&L zincers, like with Souval, we can never be 100% sure which badges were assembled pre-May 1945 vs. post-May 1945, given the brisk souvenir market in post-war Lüdenscheid and the intact nature of S&L's business. But there are no red flags on that badge for post-war manufacture as there sometimes are for other S&L zincers, hence the term "wartime compatible". This term adequately covers both late wartime manufacture and post-war leftover stock while remaining suitably non-committal.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie  

Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie  

Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie  

Kriegsabzeichen der Marine Artillerie  

Quote by nrik View Post
    Thanks Ned , and your opinion it 's' 100% good ?
    Eric
    Hi Eric,

The hardware is wartime compatible, but it's really hard for me to say if the badge is a genuine piece from that period or has been put together post war from left over parts as S&L were notorious for doing. It would be worth waiting for the KM guys opinion on this.

Regards, Ned.

Edit: Think of Norm and he shall appear!!
    Last edited by big ned; 04-12-2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: My question is answered!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

great shame the finish has gone.

?

Ned , Norm , harryamb
    many thanks for your opinion !
    éric

Hi, a "salty" but good award, nice pick up. (And yes, Ned's opinion is good!) Leon.

?