Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Hymmen & Co

Article about: Hello, i need some opinions on the Minesweeper badge by Hymmen & Co. As you might see the badge has been altered but who knows when? In my eyes it's a good one but need confirmation. It'

?

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Hymmen & Co

Hello, i need some opinions on the Minesweeper badge by Hymmen & Co.

As you might see the badge has been altered but who knows when? In my eyes it's a good one but need confirmation. It's relatively cheap compared to other ones ive found. Would you suggest buying it despite the changes?

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Hymmen & CoKriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Hymmen & Co

Thanks alot in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Hymmen & Co
    P
    Many

Tobias,

It appears to be a nice example.. As you asked.. When was the modification done?? I am leaning towards this being done War time period.. Just looking at the attachments, it looks like the person wanted to ensure that his decoration did not come off the uniform and he had the prongs added for extra stability...this of course is just speculation as we may never know when it was done..

The only thing I can say is if this is a badge you would like to add to your collection regardless of the modification and if you like it.. Go for it and enjoy it..

I also believe that this maker is one of the rarer manufacturers of this badge...

Best regards

Smitty

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Tobias,

It appears to be a nice example.. As you asked.. When was the modification done?? I am leaning towards this being done War time period.. Just looking at the attachments, it looks like the person wanted to ensure that his decoration did not come off the uniform and he had the prongs added for extra stability...this of course is just speculation as we may never know when it was done..

The only thing I can say is if this is a badge you would like to add to your collection regardless of the modification and if you like it.. Go for it and enjoy it..

I also believe that this maker is one of the rarer manufacturers of this badge...

Best regards

Smitty
    Thanks alot for that! The seller wants 90€ and i'm aware that Hymmen is one of the rarer makers for the badge so i might go for it!

I like it !!
    A very hard to find award and I have to think that the altered reverse set up is a wartime job.

I cannot see why the recipient of the badge would go through the trouble of altering a badge in this way that he could not wear postwar ?

Go for it !!

Cheers,Martin.

MAP
    ?

Nice! I like it too. See no reason to believe it was not period done.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with the other assessments.
    I say go for it as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you all! I will go for it

?

Default My first Kriegsmarine badge.

I finally got it! My first KM badge, it's a Minesweeper badge made by L/53 Hymmen & Co

As you might see the pin has been replaced, it's most likely a war time job.

Hope you like it as much as i do

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Hymmen & CoKriegsabzeichen für Minensuch Hymmen & Co

Tobias,

Glad you were able to pick this up.. Congrats..

As we discussed earlier,, I am sure the recipient of this award was wanting to wear it proudly and the original clasp may have been damaged and he had it repaired/reinforced with this although unorthodox method, but it is definitely a more secure way to secure it to a uniform.. I still feel very confident that this is a wartime/period repair... Sailors had an abundance of tools and machinery at their disposal to make these type of field expedient repairs...

Smitty

One of my favourite makers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast