Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für die Marinenartillerie

Article about: Hi all, Can you tell me gents, it´s the original CA badge, or its fake? After examination, it appears that gold wreath is newly painted. Looks bad to me, so thanks for opinions. Regards Thom

Default Kriegsabzeichen für die Marinenartillerie

Hi all,

Can you tell me gents, it´s the original CA badge, or its fake? After examination, it appears that gold wreath is newly painted.

Looks bad to me, so thanks for opinions.

Kriegsabzeichen für die Marinenartillerie

Regards Thomas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für die Marinenartillerie
    P
    Many

Or it´s original with re-painted gold wreath, because on second look, the details are sharp.

So I wait for your opinions and see :-)

Thomas

I think it might be an unmarked zincer by Steinhauer & Luck, that type wraparound hinge was used extensively by them I know, but better wait for the KM guys on this. The finish looks original to me.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello Thomas,
    as Ned says it is an unmarked badge attributed to S&L.
    I think this style with the semi oval wrap around hinge that is directly soldered to the back of the badge is the last of the wartime runs done by S&L
    In my opinion this hinge assembly was designed to fit in to the crimped hinge casting but it must have failed?
    Looking at your badge it seems that the original crimped hinge assembly has been ground off and your example looks to be soldered directly on to the residue.

I think the KM collectors may have something to say...It is just My Opinion.

All the best
    Doug

Hi Ned,
    thanks for your opinion.

After then what gold does not seem to me, I'm on advice from the seller try touch with an aceton on cotton swab and unfortunatelly the "gold" disappears. So it look an original S&L with new paint. And that piece I don´t want in my collection, so we agreed on the repayment and I send CA badge back to seller.

Quote by Backtassar View Post
    Hi Ned,
    thanks for your opinion.

After then what gold does not seem to me, I'm on advice from the seller try touch with an aceton on cotton swab and unfortunatelly the "gold" disappears. So it look an original S&L with new paint. And that piece I don´t want in my collection, so we agreed on the repayment and I send CA badge back to seller.
    Wise decision in my opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I need to get some frikkin' glasses......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you all gents!
    I must say, the photos were very good maded, because in hands the paint looks bad on first sight.

Best regards

Thomas

Quote by Backtassar View Post
    Hi Ned,
    thanks for your opinion.

It is a problem with a lot of S&L badges Thomas.
    I think you will be hard pushed to get a badge with a decent finish left at a good price>

Good hunting
    Doug

Yes, I agree with this, but I´d rather have a badge with gold remains, than re-painted original with some modeller "gold" colour. ;-)
    No choice but to wait for the next piece...

Good hunting too :-)

Thomas