Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.

Article about: Just got this one in, and the finish and quality are superb finish Trying to identify the maker and the only one I know that has a separate globe attached is the one by Paul Meybauer. Is it

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.

Just got this one in, and the finish and quality are superb finish Trying to identify the maker and the only one I know that has a separate globe attached is the one by Paul Meybauer.

Is it this maker do you think? Because if it is I've just had a score. it's one of the rarest makers Makes a change
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer - Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge.
    P
    Many

Or junkers? Maybe.

Definitely not a Meybauer. It's an unmarked Juncker's, as you said.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi John,

definately a tombak Juncker and a very nice one too.

Yes,the tombak Maybauer is one of the rarest of all Hilfskreuzer awards IMO.I know of only three in collections worldwide, and i am fortunate to have one of them.
    The main feature of the tombak Meybauer is that it has cut-outs on the swastika,the only maker to do this on their HK awards,and on their very rare Minesweeper badges too.

For the record,Juncker,Schwerin,Meybauer and Steinhauer & Luck all had seperately attached/rivetted globes to their HK awards.

Again, a nice Juncker and a fine badge to have in one's collection despite the fact that the Juncker HK is most common of all the tombak awards but still very desirable.

Regards,Martin.
    Last edited by martinw; 05-24-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Thank you Martin. It's nice to have a score once in a while. The thing is I don't collect
    look at my signature
    Thanks again

very nice badge John.