Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?

Article about: Hello I just picked up a lot of items that was found in a coffee can at an estate sale. This badge seems to be crude compared to other WWII German badges I have seen. Someone told me they th

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?

Hello I just picked up a lot of items that was found in a coffee can at an estate sale. This badge seems to be crude compared to other WWII German badges I have seen. Someone told me they thought it was a French made Auxiliary Cruisers Badge so I decided to get some help. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-23-2015 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer French Made?
    P
    Many

It is indeed an Auxiliary Cruiser War Badge. The horizontal pin is the give away, all others are vertical. It is French. Very nice! They're worth a bit too!

What else was in this goldmine of a coffee can?

Thank you for the help. The SS collar tabs you see in the background were also in the can with some WWII US insignia also. I posted the tabs in the SS forum.

Devin

No problem. I saw those, very nice! I have no experience with those unfortunately.

Hi, this is indeed an Hilfskreuzer award known as a "Bacqueville" made piece. The only word of caution I would add is that there has never been any confirmed information that these were made by them during the Third Reich period, so many collectors like myself do not buy them. Leon.

I agree with Leon,why these are known within the collecting community they fall into the Gray unknown area, and again to agree with Leon I do not purchase such awards.

There have been heated debates on these badges for some many years now. The current trend seems to be leaning towards accepting them as period and authentic, however, I have never been a supporter of the Bacqueville's and like many, I still would not have one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ooh. ... spooky post count Morris!

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Just wait for 6,666 however it may take some time.....

Dang, it's not spooky any more ..... funny bout that
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "