Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wanted

Article about: Hi all, please except my apologies if I dont get all of the terminology correct this is new to me. When my grandad died some years back, he left me a few items he had collected during WWII a

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wanted

Hi all, please except my apologies if I dont get all of the terminology correct this is new to me. When my grandad died some years back, he left me a few items he had collected during WWII and the one i am posting about I have no ideas other than general info located on google. I am trying to pin down the maker, whether this is badge is genuine and a value incase I need to decalre on my insurance... so any information would be greatly received

The item is most defo a Kriegsmarine Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer//Auxiliary Cruiser war badge, two part construction but thats my lot really

regards Tony

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wantedKriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wantedKriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wantedKriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wanted

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wanted
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This appears to me to be a product of Steinhauer & Lück, with an oval hinge and a thin pin. Most of the makers of this award produced them with a wide pin. There are only about three makers that made it with a round wire pin.
    As these are not my area of study, best wait for other answers.
    Ralph.
    P.S. I have renamed your thread just to shorten it a bit.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum!

IMO the badge is an original oval hinge zinc Hilfskreuzer by Steinhauer & Luck that's lost all it's finish. The two piece construction, rivet and rear hardware (that is also seen on some S&L PAB's) all look good to me. Martinw is the guy for these however, so perhaps he'll see this and give a definitive comment as I believe these are his favourite KM badges!

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 02-22-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi rbminis and big ned - wow thats quick, thanks for the kind welcome and current info

Welcome Tony!
    Happy to be able to help as I said, these are not really my area of study.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Tony,and welcome.

IMO you have a good,original piece by Steinhauer & Luck,as mentioned by the others.

The hinge,rivet and globe are of the type we like to see on what we beleive are wartime produced badges by S&L. Your badge features what we consider a type 1 globe,unflawed with the narrow lines of longitude and latitude.
    Later postwar globes had wider lines and flawed bow waves as shown below.
    I have also shown an example of the same type of badge that i have by S&L.
    Period S&L HSK badges can be found with about four different types of reverse hardware.
    Regards,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wanted   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wanted  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer, Info wanted  

Hi Martin, thanks for that valuable info. Would you mind if I ask what the value of this item might be?

Cheers Tony

Quote by m1nelab View Post
    Hi Martin, thanks for that valuable info. Would you mind if I ask what the value of this item might be?

Cheers Tony
    Hello Tony,
    Though some may give you a rough value, we are not a free appraisal service. You can visit various dealer's sites to get a retail value on this item now that you know what you have.
    Ralph.

OK,

i don't buy badges anymore and i do not keep up on current prices.However,despite the bent mainpin i would think that this badge was worth about $400.00 USD?
    Just my opinion though,it may be worth more?

Cheers,Martin.

Sorry Ralph didnt mean to upset anybody, as I have a serious coin collection and Philatelic collection, if the piece is valuable I would want to include in my detail insurance... but you are correct I will seek a proper valuation, a question would be tho who should I contact for this purpose as this is out of my area of expertise

thanks again all

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast