Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer unmarked

Article about: Hi guys, I have seen this Auxiliary Cruiser Badge unmarked. Could it be that we are looking at one typical badge by French maker Bacqueville?, Best Regards, Juan

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer unmarked

Hi guys, I have seen this Auxiliary Cruiser Badge unmarked. Could it be that we are looking at one typical badge by French maker Bacqueville?, Best Regards, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer unmarked   Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer unmarked  

Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer unmarked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer unmarked
    P
    Many

Hi, certainly looks like the Baqueville type, personally I have never bought any award from this maker, as I have never seen any definitive evidence that these were produced by them before 1945, but others are happy with them, so it's a decision you will need to make. Leon.

Likewise with Leon's comments.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If it makes any difference, the box is a nice original one that was frequently used for period awards......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I am not a fan of these Bacqueville awards.

We have no photographic evidence of these awards being worn pre-May 1945.

They are still collectable to some,but it is a matter of personal choice.

Regards,Martin.

Thanks guys, will wait then for another one, Regards, Juan

as Ned said a period issue box,so take or leave.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks guys, will wait then for another one, Regards, Juan
    Good choice Juan.

Now,Hilfskreuzer awards are not cheap.Most examples,especially in tombak by Juncker or Schwerin are very expensive.Even the zinc pieces can be expensive but my advice to you would be to go after one of the German/Austrian made pieces.
    They are well documented and definately better value for your money and easy to re-sell,if and when needed.

The only other non-German/Austrian made pieces i would buy are the examples that were made in Japan,mainly for the cremembers of the THOR and MICHEL.Now,these are super rare and very expensive.

Cheers,Martin.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    If it makes any difference, the box is a nice original one that was frequently used for period awards......
    Hi Guys,

It's all been said, no definite proof on the badges one way or the other, but the carton is worth commenting upon.

The so-called "French-made" badges (absolutely no known connection to Bacqueville) are always in this type of carton. In contrast, German-made wartime awards are very rarely found in this particular patterned carton. There have been a few posted over the years but we can't rule out that they've been paired with the carton later. Think about it. At best, the French-made badges were unofficial production in a foreign country that never made it into circulation as official awards. So why would any German-made badge in Germany be in the same type of carton that all the French-made badges in a foreign company came in? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying that means the carton is post-war, only that I'm not yet convinced it was used for German-made badges.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Never owned and never will a so-called French-made award. Too horrendously crude in manufacture to be authentic in my opinion. I guess it's a matter of personal opinion on them, but I, for one, have always been in the "Nay!" camp. My theory is that they were very early post-war manufacture and have now attained semi-official status as original from little more than their age. As said above, I have never seen one of these badges ever in any period portraits or photos being worn and I very much doubt that I ever will.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast