MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch

Article about: Hi, could you please let me know what do you think about this badge, thanks very much, Juan

Default Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch

Hi, could you please let me know what do you think about this badge, thanks very much, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch
    P
    Many

?

Hi Juan,

It's an original zinc R.K. with the "Level 2" maker mark, MC# 3.1.4 in the classification system. The variants of R.K. are summarized here:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...8/#post1417935

It's an honest example but has lost almost all of its finish so not the prettiest badge.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Thanks very much Norm, very helpful, appreciate your comments, do you think 120 Euros is ok, or is over priced?, thanks very much indeed, Juan

?

Hi Juan,

I don't really like guessing values since the market is quite variable. Personally, for that price I'd hold off for a nicer one with more of its finish but that's not to say that 120 Euro isn't a fair retail price for a common zinc Minesweeper. Just not a bargain. A heavily worn badge like this has more meaning (and value) if it's part of a German veteran's estate with good provenance, but even in that case one has to be cautious about artificially put-together groupings.

In the end you have to ask yourself as a collector does the badge make you happy?

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Thanks Norm, I will make an offer to the seller, at a lower price and see what happens, appreciate once again your kind help, best regards, Juan...will keep you posted of the final outcome

Hi Norm, seller does not accept new offers, 120 Euros is a fixed price, I will pass on this one and wait for another opportunity in the near future, no rush, thanks, Juan

?

I think both sides of that interaction are reasonable. Everyone has their own threshold for selling and for buying and the marketplace is variable. 120 Euro is not unreasonable but this is a common badge and there will be other fish in the sea. Maybe you won't find one cheaper but you'll certainly find some in better condition.

Having said that, you already got that nice Tombak Juncker Minesweeper that you showed in the other thread which was a good addition to your collection and more desirable than most zincers.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

its a good on ok.