Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände

Article about: Hi guys, could you please give me your views about this badge?, manufacturer Otto Schickle, according to the seller, the pin was replaced, probably cut during the war, thanks, Juan

Smile Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände

Hi guys, could you please give me your views about this badge?, manufacturer Otto Schickle, according to the seller the pin was replaced, probably cut during the war, thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände   Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände  

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände  
    Last edited by jamoros; 04-27-2015 at 05:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände
    P
    Many

?

Hi Juan,

I agree that it's likely an original Schickle-design badge that has seen better days. I remember when this one was posted on WAF.
    U - Boat - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    The hinge block looks suspiciously like a casting but I think the hinge block was just filed down which gives it that impression. Hard to be sure, but the rest of the badge looks okay. So likely the hinge block was severly filed down to accommodate that home-made pin replacement.

Because of its problems, it's the sort of badge that only its owner or a family member would love, who knows the story behind it.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

looks a nice quality original badge imo.

P.S. its a U-boat badge not any other service.

Thanks Norm, appreciate your comments, if you were me, would you buy this badge?, the seller asks for 350 Euros and I have no clue as to whether this price is reasonable or not, regards, Juan
    Quote by Norm F View Post
    Hi Juan,

I agree that it's likely an original Schickle-design badge that has seen better days. I remember when this one was posted on WAF.
    U - Boat - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    The hinge block looks suspiciously like a casting but I think the hinge block was just filed down which gives it that impression. Hard to be sure, but the rest of the badge looks okay. So likely the hinge block was severly filed down to accommodate that home-made pin replacement.

Because of its problems, it's the sort of badge that only its owner or a family member would love, who knows the story behind it.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

?

Well, I don't like estimating value since it's so subjective what people are willing to pay. Also, I don't buy anything except Minesweeper badges so I'm not the best judge. For what it's worth, in my opinion, that seems high for a badge in this condition, and re-sale is harder down the road with damaged badges when you're trying to recoup your expenses. But I'd seek other opinions when it comes to the value of U-Boat badges.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Thanks Norm, I appreciate your feedback, I was also under the same impression as yours, nevertheless, as you said, who knows what this badge has been up to in the past?, guess we will never know. The good part of this is that overall the badge is good, the downside is the pin and hinge, this calls for an improvement in the price. If I can manage to get a much better price, I think I will buy it, thanks again for your kind help, regards, Juan
    Quote by Norm F View Post
    Well, I don't like estimating value since it's so subjective what people are willing to pay. Also, I don't buy anything except Minesweeper badges so I'm not the best judge. For what it's worth, in my opinion, that seems high for a badge in this condition, and re-sale is harder down the road with damaged badges when you're trying to recoup your expenses. But I'd seek other opinions when it comes to the value of U-Boat badges.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Hi, Norm has said it all when it comes to originality with this one, looks good to me also but I would walk away from that asking price personally. I think the seller may find it tough getting anywhere near that mark with all that damage to the hinge block and pin. Leon.

Thanks Leon, I agree with you and unless I do not get a much better offer from the seller, I am afraid I will pass from this one, appreciate your feedback, regards, Juan
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, Norm has said it all when it comes to originality with this one, looks good to me also but I would walk away from that asking price personally. I think the seller may find it tough getting anywhere near that mark with all that damage to the hinge block and pin. Leon.

OK,it is a messed with original.I have a couple in my HK collection.This one is possibly period too.

You have to make the decision as to whether you want it in your collection ?

If i collected U-Boat badges i might go for it.But i like badges that were worn by the recipients,with damaged or replaced hardware,with the finish polished down to the tombak basemetal,or with a name or service number scratched on the reverse,that's just me.

Regards,Martin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast