Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie

Article about: Hi guys I really need help identying this I cant determine if its fake or not ive looked about but cant tell any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie

Hi guys I really need help identying this I cant determine if its fake or not ive looked about but cant tell any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

Last edited by cplbuck; 08-07-2014 at 12:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie
    P
    Many

Polished back to the bare buntmetal, but I think this is an original Juncker 'Thin needle' CA badge with a variant roundwire/C wire catch rather than the common flatwire type that's missing.

Best wait out for the pro's though!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ok thanks ned

Can you take pictures in natural light please,I believe i see pitting on the back.

I dont have the badge with me im away with the army at the minute, my uncle sent me the pics hes had a loft clear out and found it again, he told he got it in the 70s when he was on a demolition job, he also found another medal with it the 1939 1945 star, it does look pitted to me aswel though

Quote by Chrisk View Post
    Can you take pictures in natural light please,I believe i see pitting on the back.
    Hi Chris,

Good point! Original buntmetall examples of this exact badge often do show signs of porosity/pitting to some degree or another anyway, it's a form of crystalization of the base metal as it cools after being die struck or possibly even die cast. I'm suprised there has not been more comments on this piece, but I'm wondering if they've been put off as it does look to be an awful copy due to the severe cleaning it's received as well as the pitting, but has been suggested good by me besides this? That's not meant to be patronising either!

I have to be honest and say that i'm by no means 100% sure by a long way that this is a good badge, but there are parts of it that seem to add up as being correct compared to known fakes that i've compared it with, and that is how I reached my personal opinion. Let's hear what others also think.

Better pic's in natural light would aid things considerably though if it's at all possible to do.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi, well all I can say is that I like the hinge and pin, they look like good Schwerin types. As for the award itself, I really could not say one way or the other as I have never seen one stripped and polished like this. If it is a good one I would pass on it due to its condition (also appears to have a broken catch) unless of course you are collecting variants. Leon.

I can see pitting back and front.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, well all I can say is that I like the hinge and pin.
    I forgot to mention the pin. On genuine Juncker CA badges it does not open much more than 90 degrees from the closed position (as can be seen in one of the above pic's), whereas the fake ones of this maker ALL open the full 180 degrees (example shown below), a point worth bearing in mind.

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-ArtillerieKriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie

Regards, Ned.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I can see pitting back and front.
    Please re-read my post #6 H, I have tried to explain how this occurs on genuine Juncker badges.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast