Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie

Article about: Hi guys I really need help identying this I cant determine if its fake or not ive looked about but cant tell any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

I'm not sure what to make of this one yet and i would really like to see some better images of this badge.

The reverse hardware looks OK for a Juncker badge although the early type round wire catch is broken.

I have seen pitting before on these tombak Juncker's but perhaps due to the lighting the pitting on this piece looks a little excessive.

Regards,Martin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie
    P
    Many

I have Ned,I am now wondering if this was due to polishing,what do you think Ned.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I have Ned,I am now wondering if this was due to polishing,what do you think Ned.
    Hi H,

It's certainly been polished to within an inch of it's life that's for sure!

Without better pic's from the OP we're not going to get much further with this tbh. But I base my opinion on the look of the 'pitted' rear being a known trait (check) the hinge with the horizontal striations (check), the shape of the 'thin needle pin' (check), the layout and appearance of the makers mark (check), the remains of the catch appearing to be of the correct wire type (check) and the mahoosive crescent moon type flaw at the base (check). And that's just the reverse.....

But of course, this is all debatable unless better images can show all the details needed to give it the yay or nay for certain, it's still up in the air.

Let's see if our new member Corporal Buck can come up with the 'necessaries'.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

From these pics, for me I don't know what to make of it. Sorry, Stewy

Guys thank you all for the comments I appreciate it alot, I havent even seen the badge myself yet, my uncle sent me the pics as I am away with the army, im home tomorrow night so as soon as I can I'll post better pics of it, and thank you ned this is the 2nd time you've helped me out now

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Polished back to the bare buntmetal, but I think this is an original Juncker 'Thin needle' CA badge with a variant roundwire/C wire catch rather than the common flatwire type that's missing.
    Hi Guys,

I agree with Ned's assessment -- an original Juncker Tombak badge that's cleaned and polished in the extreme so that only a few flecks of finish remain. One correction though -- the round-wire catch variant (this type) is more common than the flat-wire catch on the Tombak version.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I forgot to mention the pin. On genuine Juncker CA badges it does not open much more than 90 degrees from the closed position (as can be seen in one of the above pic's), whereas the fake ones of this maker ALL open the full 180 degrees...
    One more clarification. It's the block hinges used on the Tombak version that open to 90 degrees, while the short barrel hinge on all the Juncker zincers opens to a full 180 degrees.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

I'm learning Norm, slowly, but learning.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

New pics added guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

Hi, much better images there my friend, it sure looks like an original award, such a shame that it has been so merclessly stripped back as it is a well made peice. Anyway, at least it has brought up a good discussion! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2