MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie

Article about: Another items from a pile of bits I have been asked to take in an exchange. Is it real, I know that the pin assembly is not correct and the catch at the bottom appears to have been glued in

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie

Another items from a pile of bits I have been asked to take in an exchange. Is it real, I know that the pin assembly is not correct and the catch at the bottom appears to have been glued in place...... other than that is it a real badge...does it have a value at all?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie  

Last edited by rbminis; 12-02-2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie
    P
    Many

I think it's a genuine badge that's seen a hard life. Catch may be original but repaired, but the hinge and pin are obvious replacements. I would imagine this causes the value to be low, perhaps 25-30% of an unmolested one? Better wait for the KM guys opinions on all these points though!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,
    I think your spot on.
    D

?

Hello,
    I agree it is a good badge with a replaced hinge and pin (as you have said the catch appears to be messed with too). To be honest, the value of this badge would not be much and it would have no great collectible value. You can find FLL coastal artillery badges so unless it was under $30 I would not waste my time on it.

Regards,
    Jody

?

I agree with all the preceding comments. The head of the eagle is deformed as well.

Best regards,
    ---Norm

if you don't have one its a filler,ok by me.

Hi, the guys have said it all, original but very beat up. Leon.