Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine Artillerie - FLL 43

Article about: Pulled this one out today to practice with my new macro lens. I've had this for years and always was a bit perplexed as to it's originality. Rear hardware seems correct and the obverse looks

MAP
    ?

Default Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine Artillerie - FLL 43

Pulled this one out today to practice with my new macro lens.

I've had this for years and always was a bit perplexed as to it's originality. Rear hardware seems correct and the obverse looks ok with what is think is a common very ill defined eagles head.

What I have always questioned one item. the top of the "Ladder" on the backside of the gun. I have not seen this in other examples.

Anyway, this was primarily an exercise to learn how to use the new lens and improve my photos (I did however have to reduce the file size so they are not as large and crisp as the uncompressed versions.......)

Michael

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine Artillerie - FLL 43  
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine Artillerie - FLL 43
    P
    Many

?

Photos are nice.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Steve. These macro lenses are a bit tricky for a beginner like me as even less than a millimeter difference in height of the details changes what is in or out of focus. But in time and practice I'm sure my pictures will get even better.

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The FLL guy had a bad soldering day Michael?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post

Dan
    It was either a Monday or a Friday Dan!!!

That said in examples I've seen, this is not uncommon.

Quote by Danmark View Post

Dan
    Hi Dan,

It's almost like a fingerprint with this makers badges and as Michael says is not uncommon, more like typical. The "Alka-Seltzer" like "fizz" of the soldering is a good sign of an original badge.

Regarding the "ladder" on the obverse side, could this not be a flaw, as there is a definite rectangular shaped dent that may have come from something that got into the die that wasn't cleaned before use? It's in the exact same place on the reverse, surely that's more than coincidental?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ned. I think that is a good explanation. Will have to look in hand when I get home.

Stay tuned for the DKIG next week

MAP
    ?

Well got home and took a look again. Turned out to be some dried up gunk the exact same color of the metal. A quick scrape with a soft tipped pencil and it's all gone... LoL. And here for all these years I thought it was part of the actual medal/metal.

Brings to the forefront the saying that pictures don't always tell the whole story. Only in hand is the true test (and this after years on my wall)

M