Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?

Article about: Hi guys, I need your opinion about this CAB. The maker is Fec.Otto Placek - Berlin - ausf C.E.Juncker - Berlin, I would like to know if this badge is a fake because harware doesn't fit with

?

Here are a couple of comparisons of classic examples (on the left) to the only straight-on pin-down view available so far of escipion's badge (on the right). Obviously the photo quality is poor but the main pin looks shorter and has a different taper and smoother edges. Also these pins usually had a blackened finish and still show vestiges which are absent on that one. More concerning, the contours of the outer margins of the badge are indistinct and filed down; that's commonly seen on reproductions in order to disguise the cast edges although admittedly the same appearance could result from an overzealous worker going at it with a file. If we saw those smoothed outlines on a lot of original Juncker CA badges I wouldn't be concerned but the images of badges I have on file only showed the normal contours.

Again I'm NOT saying this proves the badge is a fake, but it's atypical and for these reasons I agree with Phillippe when he says: "For sure a badge to keep in mind."

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?
    P
    Many

I think that this image proves that it is a fake, correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie: original or fake?  

It turned out that this badge is Staegmeirs fake. I have never seen so far fake which is so well made like this piece. Although this badge almost from the beginning was looking a little bit off to me, this badge is done so good that is actually quite disturbing. How fakes than will look in the future, it seems that at some point perhaps they will be made so good that it will become impossible to tell the difference between them and genuine examples. This is some scary stuff.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    It turned out that this badge is Staegmeirs fake.
    As determined by Norm F.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    As determined by Norm F.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. Of course that Norm is that guy who has uncovered this Staegmeirs fake. I am still shocked by that discovery.

Best regards,
    Franko

This is a depressingly good fake. The photos of the edging above does show significant tool marks. And the other details mentioned, although small are significant.
    Shows us that we need to be super diligent, collaborate and of course learn from those more experienced.
    Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2