Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin

Article about: Hello, this is last Kriegmarine badge, from "old collector", I don´t have photo of another badge from this producer which is authentic, but, when I look closely to details I think

Hello, thanks for all comments and opinions. So there are several comments about this badge, it is interesting that this badge looks very nice and there are a chance to be authentic.

Ned, thanks for your comment and photo of original example. Thanks also to others which thinks this badge is authentic. I only know that all badges comes from one source and I´m sure that there were original and copy badges - this is the worst thing ever, because you have to study each of them and there is still chance to find original, or buy a copy I don´t like this kinds of trades, but its just happen all the time

Best regards

Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin
    P
    Many

?

There are indeed two different die sets for the Schwerin zinc Coastal Artillery badge. Type 1 is for all Tombak production and some zinc whereas Type 2 is exclusively in zinc. Comparison attached.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin  

Quote by Norm F View Post
    There are indeed two different die sets for the Schwerin zinc Coastal Artillery badge. Type 1 is for all Tombak production and some zinc whereas Type 2 is exclusively in zinc. Comparison attached.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    That shows nicely that my concerns were unfounded, every day's a school day, cheers Norm!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for posting that info in regards to the zinc dies Norm.I'm just going off dated information,i guess.

Good to know.

Cheers,Martin.

Hi happily stand corrected! Thanks Norm for the instructive pictures, I never thought of a worn down die! Leon.

Hello friends, so finally I can post another better detailed pictures of this badge, maybe they are better than previous and we can see more.

Thanks for help and your comments! I also learn a lot of new informations from this thread!

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin   Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin  

Kriegsabzeichen fur die Marine-Artillerie - Schwerin Berlin  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2