Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Badges - Reals or Fakes

Article about: I recently met a guy who wanted to sell me several Kriegsmarine badges. I took several pictures of two of them and wanted to post them here for identification. Until recently, I have primari

?

Default Kriegsmarine Badges - Reals or Fakes

I recently met a guy who wanted to sell me several Kriegsmarine badges. I took several pictures of two of them and wanted to post them here for identification. Until recently, I have primarily collected United States militaria from WWII. With so many fakes out there and without current access to good identification information, I've been reading through this website for a few weeks. With the offer to purchase these, I thought I would post these for review. Any information you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Regardless if they are real or fake, any info as to what identified them as such would be greatly appreciated.

Kriegsmarine Badges - Reals or FakesKriegsmarine Badges - Reals or FakesKriegsmarine Badges - Reals or FakesKriegsmarine Badges - Reals or FakesKriegsmarine Badges - Reals or Fakes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Badges - Reals or Fakes
    P
    Many

Asp
    ?

Default Re: Kriegsmarine Badges - Reals or Fakes

All of them are famous cast fake.

?

Welcome to the forum!

Both of them are very very poor fakes.

There are examples of original Schwerin Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen on the forum, mine included and the U-Bootskriegsabzeichen is yet another of the 'Munchen' marked fakes which are being posted with alarming regularity of the forum just lately. Where are they coming from?

Also, please remember to start separate threads for different pieces.

Compare to an original Schwerin badge here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I will start separate threads for different badges in the future if I ever need to post again. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for the link.

To answer where the are coming from, a lot of them seem to be coming from the United States South, since that is not the only one I have seen with that writing on the back (referring to uboat)

?

Haha!

It's only a trouble after I've reminded you for the umpteenth time, then I just close or delete the threads.

On a serious note, can you see the differences between the two Schnellboot abzeichen?

?

Since you took pictures of the back, my first obvious difference would appear to be the way the clasp on the back is constructed (while there seems to be several styles the hinge itself seems much different than all the other medals posted on the site). Is that a correct judgement?

?

Yes, from the back your can see the hinge, pin and catch are totally wrong. Also compare the outline of the flag and the top part of the boat, the bridge outline and the indistinct outline of the wreath. The material is also wrong, it looks like a soft lead based alloy and the swirl marks from the casting are evident.

From the front, look at the eagle's feathers on the wings, the chest and the facial features. Look also at the boat, the torpedo tube cover on the fake is pointing at a downwards angle. The oak leaves on the wreath are also very poor in execution and the waves are very different.

Asp
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Where are they coming from?
    Adrian,

The origin of these fakes is East Europe. I bought such badges from polish guys just for interest for each 15 E.

Regards,
    Alex

Adrian,the sea was very rough that day.lol

?

Luckily they haven't done their homework!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast