Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Is it KM or LW cloth DKiG?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kriegsmarine

0 0%
  • Luftwaffe

2 100.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kriegsmarine cloth DKiG for review

Article about: Hello, I have recently bought what was supposed to be a cloth KM Deutsche Kreuz in Gold, but after it came and after I compared it to my previously-owned one I have some doubts that it might

And here is the video proof of the testing:

My Ezvid Video - YouTube

Best regards!

Andjelo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine cloth DKiG for review
    P
    Many

Here are the daylight photos I have just taken outside in the shade.
    This photo represents how it looks in hand 100%. First photos on the cap were taken
    with LED lighting inside, so that might be the reason of the difference.

I have put a long service ribbon as we all know it's color, and also few KM items to show what is dark-blue in KM
    garments.

Now I think we can really discuss it one more time and conclude something. I am still looking for the evidence of grey-blue being the
    KM color of cloth Deutsche Kreuz in Gold but I can't. Maybe someone can deny me in that.

?

I think the last image above is pretty conclusive. This DK, no doubt 100% original, is definitely not on KM colour backing. I'd like to see ANY KM item, badge, shoulder strap, uniform cloth, cap , whatever, on a blue as light as this. I doubt you'll find one. Definitely Luftwaffe IMO.

I would agree with this statement.

Nice items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would agree with this statement.

Nice items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade , Dietrich has confirmed it is a Kriegs when he sent me this pm on waf:

Hi Mark,

I was fooled by his bad picture and thought is was black. I certainly do not remember every cloth DK I have seen in my life or commented on.
    The new pictures are clear that it is KM. In no way is it Luftwaffe! I just told him so via PM.

best regards,

Dietrich

I know different monitors will give different appearances, but I still think it is Luftwaffe. Maybe in hand it might look different?

Anyway, it is a nice original item

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Any Luftwaffe collector can confirm that the colour of Luftwaffe Feldblau colour can range quite significantly from a grey shade to one with much more of a blue cast. No such range exists with KM cloth. If this DK is KM then there should be no problem in verifying this by showing other KM cloth items in the same shade. The image of the DK sitting on the officer Bordmütze above clearly shows it is not on KM dark blue (which is actually in reality more of a blue-black).

As already stated several times in this thread, definitely a genuine DK. Not one I would want though if looking for a one-looker unquestionable KM piece.

?

Good discussion guys!

Sometimes it's not about what one person says or what the majority think, it's about the item. I still would buy this as a Luftwaffe backed piece going by the photos.

So, to Andjelo with it in hand, what do you think? What is your gut feeling? Would you be happier displaying this as Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine? What does the piece in hand tell you?

At the end of the day you have a superb award and you still have the hunt for another more obvious item to look forward to!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree, but when you collect only Kriegsmarine items than this one is not what you want in your collection, obviously.
    We have agreed a return of this really magnificent piece. I would really love to find Kriegsmarine one of this rare type
    and in such a nicely preserved state.

I want to thank everyone who contributed, but also to a seller for his good service and understanding.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I know different monitors will give different appearances, but I still think it is Luftwaffe. Maybe in hand it might look different?

Anyway, it is a nice original item

Cheers, Ade.
    Agreed! There's hardly been a single set of photo's of this award in the thread and the supplied links that match in colour to the next ones shown, it's a potential nightmare and one in which only a 'in hand' inspection would settle it for me.

The fact that the OP has also 'messed with' the colour contrast in some of his posts and not originally mentioned it certainly hasn't helped, and only muddied the waters IMO. From the numurous frenetic postings by him on this forum and on WAF, I'm assuming he's not going to be happy with his purchase now deemed a Luftwaffe piece rather than the KM he desired, and will be seeking redress. I just hope if that's the case it doesn't get dragged out across several pages here and remains between the two parties concerned.

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: During my time spent replying it appears that this was the case but has now thankfully been resolved in a proper manner. I apologise if I have upset anyone.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast