Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge real or copy

Article about: Help needed with this Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge , the detail looks good on the front of the badge but i cant find any like this with this catch and long pin , just wanted to know if to us

Default Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge real or copy

Help needed with this Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge , the detail looks good on the front of the badge but i cant find any like this with this catch and long pin , just wanted to know if to use as a fishing weight or not , thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge real or copy   Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge real or copy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Destroyer Badge real or copy
    P
    Many

imo its a copy

The photos aren't as good as they could be, especially regarding the front of the badge...And the reverse hardware is definitely out of the ordinary- especially the long needle with a flat tip, and the flat-catch with the round pin-plate covering the maker's logo also raises red flags...
    cheers, Glenn

?

not good

Thankyou both,confirmed what I was thinking

Hi, not a good one for me either, I cannot recall seeing that hinge and pin on a Schwerin award before. Leon.

First time I've ever seen a Schwerin Zerstorer Badge with a vertical pin. All the ones I've seen are horizontal banjo types with a suspension hook at the top of the wreath, and that goes for both buntmetall and zinc badges. I think you know where this is leading......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I've seen this hardware used on other fake awards, Heer, Luft & KM. Stewy.

Definately not a zinc Schwerin IMO for reasons mentioned above in regards to the reverse hardware and the maker mark is incorrect and out of position also.

I have to think a cast fake

Regards,Martin.

Thank you all as i put early on didnt hold much a hope for this badge with the pin as is , still will make a good fishing weight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast