Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen FO Dilemma

Article about: Hello All, the badge below is up for sale and I have a dilemma. Is it an original badge that has had the cast in hardware removed and replaced with some soldered fittings OR is it a complete

Hi Doug, very interesting analysis. Will you be able to return it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen FO Dilemma
    P
    Many

?

A couple of more comparisons of this badge to the fake posted in 2009 that Doug mentioned. Same scratch patterns on the reverse and same abnormally small calibre gun barrels on the obverse.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen FO Dilemma   Kriegsmarine Flottenkriegsabzeichen FO Dilemma  

Hi gents, I have to confess my weakness here! I did not comment at all when I first saw the post as I really felt "stuck" between a genuine decision one way or the other! I can only say that I think I was wise, as this has been one hell of a lesson for me!! I thought I had a decent eye for the Flotten, but this one really had me on the fence so I thank both Norm and Doug for their in depth analysis. Leon.

Thanks for the additional input Norm. I think it should be named the 'scratch fake' as that is a sure indicator of a reproduction badge
    Thank you all for your input. It has been quite enjoyable researching this badge even though the conclusion was disappointing.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Hi Doug, very interesting analysis. Will you be able to return it?
    Hi Juan.
    I never had any intention of returning it. I was always going to keep it no matter what the outcome of my research.
    It was worth the little money that I paid just for the interesting time I have had today.

All the best to you all
    Doug

Good thread guys.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2